lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2015, 11:25 PM   #1
upswarrior
Not Yet Wild

Default 1981 Marathon 36V won't run

I have a 1981 EZGO Marathon 36V (serial no. 81D9 225446). The accelerator board burned out one of the contacts somehow. After replacing the board and the wiper contact, it had several new issues. At first, when the key was turned on, the cart would take off as if the accelerator pedal was being pushed down only far enough to connect with the first contact (ie a low speed). It did not matter if the FNR was in Forward or Reverse position, it would still take off when the key was turned on. After driving it around for a few minutes with the pedal all the way down (full throttle), I parked it with the key off and the FNR in the neutral position. I came back several minutes later to try again. This time the cart would try to take off the same as before except it did this regardless of whether the key was in the on or off postion! The only way to keep it from moving was to put it in neutral. I lightly tapped on the key switch thinking it might just be "stuck" and now the cart will not do anything. Any suggestions on where to start? Solenoid? Micro switches? Best I can tell, everything is wired correctly, however I have not been able to find an exact diagram for a 1981 Marathon 36V.
upswarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2015, 08:51 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1981 Marathon 36V won't run

The solenoid is not de-energizing when the pedal is up, however turning key off ought to remove power to the solenoid coil, so it is likely the solenoid contacts are welded closed.

Sounds like two problems.
First the pedal switch was bad or out of adjustment, then the solenoid contacts welded.

----------
As for a schematic, pick one and wire the cart that way. They all work.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO