lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2015, 01:51 PM   #11
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: XCT controls for IQ

Clean install Scotty, do you still need a special serial cable to interface with it or can you USB a laptop to it?

When I had the software it is easy to configure on my computer, very easy to navigate, would be really nice to see it on the cart and make adjustments as necessary. With all this, I'm thinking now I'm sold, the results look to be promising over time I bet it will be a new standard If the durability is as good as I suspect it will be.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2015, 02:36 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We all already have the interface cable - A simple usb > printer cable works... and that powers up the control too. No more fooling around with solenoid activation to power up the unit - just plug it in and start viewing the settings. Just like the SPMs.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 02:40 PM   #13
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'll be looking to buy one next spring. Are you looking for any beta testers. BSEG
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 04:16 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm the Beta tester.
I spent last evening documenting the install.
I had some program trouble in the unit I installed.. Alltrax was very supportive and walked me through a software reload. Reloaded the field map. Throttle works good but it is not on the correct button in the interface?
So little glitches I found on the first one. 5k-0 3 wire is really 0-5k and visa versa. And the F1 and 2 wires are reversed on the diagram. No biggie - 2 little things. It works now so ...
I put her back on the ground for a test drive and all I can say is WOW
I'm very impressed. Not only can it spin the tires but it does it from a 6 mph roll. And it does it up a 45º slope. I started throwing the cart around, accelerating hard on and off and letting the regen kick back in WOW It is totally impressive. I've never driven a Precedent like this. I give it (that's 2 thumbs up and woody )

P.S. Test cart is a stock 2004 Precedent. The throttle range is very smooth and uses the full range of the pedal. Hopefully the rain will stop and I can GPS it this weekend.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:23 PM   #15
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Good the hear about the throttle range and smooth, they probably de-synthesized it some to accommodate the not so perfect world of a MCOR. The software in the program is easy for them to rearrange and send out an update that corrects this, you always need to shakedown a new startup product with a complex program (sorta like windows XP when if first came out, later after a few updates it was solid).
Now I have an issue with the cart doing a burnout from a 6 mph run, well until you mentioned the rain and I figured oh yea wet roads!!

No really looking good!
Old 05-22-2015, 04:30 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

No - that was on barely wet smooth hard pack dirt....it was throwing dirt. But, I admit to bending the throttle curve a little bit
Old 05-23-2015, 04:07 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Logged into my XCT controller and switched it from hunting mode to golf mode. Oh yes - we have modes I made no other changes, opened a log file and went for a test drive. Too fast for me to hold the pedal fully depressed down the curve in the drive. I raced down the hard pack dirt road and back a few times, then up the steep dead end. A good 45-50% slope but it was rutted and too rough to hold full speed which I judged to be about 15mph up hill. The controller was set to limit maximum motor rpm at 5000 (default setting) which netted me 22 mph in this completely stock cart with the XCT400IQ installed. My log file, the gamin, and the online speed calculator all agree.
Old 05-25-2015, 05:27 PM   #18
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Interesting, I wonder, this must be switching from one program map to another depending on what you plan on using the cart for. It would be neat if you could install an external switch and flip it on the fly, like you would a 4 wheel drive truck going from 2 to 4. This new controller is on the edge of revolutionizing how a controller is used over the traditional controller. Having more computerization power opens up the possibilities, I think the controller would be the biggest part of the electronics and everything else just plugs into it, now is they could incorporate the contactor into it also lol, simplify the whole thing!
Old 05-29-2015, 08:45 AM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterman View Post
Interesting, I wonder, this must be switching from one program map to another depending on what you plan on using the cart for. It would be neat if you could install an external switch and flip it on the fly, like you would a 4 wheel drive truck going from 2 to 4. This new controller is on the edge of revolutionizing how a controller is used over the traditional controller. Having more computerization power opens up the possibilities, I think the controller would be the biggest part of the electronics and everything else just plugs into it, now is they could incorporate the contactor into it also lol, simplify the whole thing!
I am told that the ability to switch maps on the fly is coming for this controller in the future. For most users this means a hill mode and street mode. With the lap top on the seat it is just a click of a button.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:12 AM   #20
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

I won't call having to change the mode with a laptop "on the fly" now maybe if there was a toggle switch mounted on the dash.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car