lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2015, 08:14 PM   #21
jeff0181
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club Car won't run with fully charged batteries

Cleaned solenoid connections. Wheels spin in fwd and rev with both cables on the right solenoid terminal. Wheels spun well fwd and reverse with the original cable positions, however, could not get them to spin once I turned the cart off then back on.

The left wheel seems to want to spoil up slower and spin slower, currently on jscks, could be something catching that I am not seeing.

I am going to clean up some more connections in the morning and report back.

With both larger cables on the right solenoid post what am I losing or what damage am I causing by leaving it this way? Should I just go ahead and replace the solenoid?
jeff0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2015, 12:30 PM   #22
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

If rust and corrosion was causing some of your problem I'd go ahead and replace the solenoid. You shouldn't leave the two large terminals jumpered together. It would become a safety hazard. The main purpose of the solenoid is to shut down the cart if any problems occur. It could lead to a runaway cart and do damage. Also one wheel will spin faster than the other its the nature of the differential. So replace the solenoid and we'll continue.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 05:08 PM   #23
jeff0181
Not Yet Wild

Even with clean connections still seems like a bad solenoid. Should I replace it with an identical one or are there any better ones to go with?
Old 08-27-2015, 06:39 PM   #24
Hurri
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Jeff 0181.
I think you and I have the same problem with our carts. Possibly the solenoid .
Please keep me posted as to what you do.
Hurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:25 PM   #25
cartattach
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sounds like a lack of previous owner maintenance and the weather on the Carolina coast will rust everything. I lived in West Ashley for several years. Check your cables as well. They may be corroded inside the insulation causing greater resistance, I see that happen a lot and it makes for a long difficult diagnosis at times. The replacement solenoids are slightly larger than the original ones, but you can use the stock unit it is fine and they don't fail often.
cartattach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:00 PM   #26
jeff0181
Not Yet Wild

New solenoid is in. On jacks, the cart runs both fwd and rev just fine. Click when pushing gas pedal significantly more pronounced than before. Replacing all battery cables as well because it was needed.

Thank you for all the help with fixing my cart. It was surprising to find such a knowledge base dedicated to this and willing to help.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:34 PM   #27
Scooter1960
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss20 View Post
Try a couple of things...put the cart in tow mode...pump the gas pedal up and down about 20 times...flip back to run and see if it moves...if not read total battery pack voltage...set your meter on 400vdc and read from pack negative...located on the driver's side to pack positive located on the passengers side...then report back.
The Boss 20......New to this so please forgive me if not posting this or asking question correctly....but.....I have this same problem of cart stopping randomly. When I tried the suggestion of putting cart in tow and pumping pedal 20 times and then putting cart back in run, cart started up again. My question is.....what does this indicate. Does this permanently fix problem or is it just a diagnoses of a problem. Thank you.
Scooter1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 05:09 PM   #28
Cmkautz1
Not Yet Wild

Jeff, I have the exact same problem....won't go, but in reverse 10 ft after 10 seconds.................did you find what was the issue????
Cmkautz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car