lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2016, 11:30 PM   #1
bburke30152
Not Yet Wild

Talking 2010 Club Car Precedent Champions Edition

Hello All,

Newbie with first post here. I just purchased a 2010 Club Car Precedent I2L Excel Champions Edition (Serial number PD1027 - 107097).

What can anyone tell me about the options and extras on the Champions Edition? I also need to identify what something is under the canopy roof (see pictures).

My cart has a god awful vinyl wrap on it I would like to remove. I tried a heat gun but it would take forever and even damage the green panel color underneath so I am thinking just put another wrap on top of the existing one. I want a solid color no wild pattern. I also want to recover the ugly stained white seats with a coordinating 2-tone design.

Here's what I know about the Precedent Champions Edition. Please fill me in on anything further and correct me on any incorrect specs.

------------------------------------------------------------
2010 Club Car Precedent I2L Excel

Top Speed: 19mph

Motor: 350cc 11.5 hp Kawasaki engine (3.3 hp)

Battery: (6) 8-Volt Batteries (48 Volts Total)

Charger: 48-volt variable with on-board computer

Frame: Ladder-style aluminum box beam

Front Body: Formion

Brakes: Self-adjusting rear mechanical drum

Steering: Self-compensating double reduction helical
rack and pinion

Front Suspension: Independent leaf spring with
dual hydraulic shocks

Wheels: upgraded 10-inch cast aluminum

Tires: 205 50-10

Steering Wheel: Upgraded padded leather (round)

Monsoon Top Canopy Roof

Excel System Facts:

• Excel is used in Precedent models only.
• Excel utilizes the 1515 controller instead of the 1510A.
• The Excel 1515 controller uses half-bridge technology allowing cooler operating temperatures and increased motor braking.
• The Excel minimum motor braking speed has been lowered to almost zero.
• Excel has higher energy output during regenerative braking due to the lowered minimum motor braking speed.
• The Excel accelerator pedal has more control of downhill speed.
• When parked on a hill, the Excel vehicle resists sudden acceleration after the park brake is released.
• The programmed speed of the Excel vehicle can now range from 5 to 19.2 mph with fine adjustments in 0.1 mph increments.
• Excel provides mileage readings.
• Excel has more diagnostics available.
• Excel offers the ability to change software

I purchased it for $2800. The seller wanted $3300. Supposedly the Trojan batteries are new. I think I got a deal. I live in a gated private streets golf course community and will mainly drive it on the paved streets throughout the neighborhood.

Thanks for the information anyone can provide. I want to accessorize it and have fun with it. I have been reading about all the options available here.

I just swapped the scratched up tinted factory windshield for a clear replacement. I have an ultimate LED light kit with brake lights, turn signals, horn and front and rear LED lighting to install.

I have a 48v - 12v voltage reducer but haven't a clue how to install it prior to installing the light kit. I need help there!!!
bburke30152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2016, 11:34 PM   #2
bburke30152
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2010 Club Car Precedent Champions Edition

The thing I need identified are the two black rubber things installed on each side in front of the zippered document holder under the canopy roof. I attached a pic again for reference.

What do these things do or hold? I can't figure it out for the life of me!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010 Club Car Precedent Champions Edition 23.jpg (177.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-15-2016, 11:42 PM   #3
bburke30152
Not Yet Wild

More pics.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:19 AM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

OK. One thing at a time there bburke. You do realize, judging by the photos you have an electric cart? Not sure if you know that by your post. Not wanting to sound like a smartass, but I think you would get better results here asking one thing at a time. As far as accessories etc. I can assure you that if you have enough money you can get anything you want.

I am fairly new here too, but welcome to the forum. And I will be glad to help when I can.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 07:27 AM   #5
HBR
Gone Wild

How are your batteries being held down? Based on my '09 Precedent it looks like you are missing hold downs.
HBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:01 AM   #6
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

I agree with HBR about your batteries hold downs? Also they should be clean and Dry, they look to have water or something on them. As for the wrap, if you don't like it, it maybe cheaper to buy a new or used body cause I know wrapping is not cheap.
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 02:55 PM   #7
bburke30152
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBR View Post
How are your batteries being held down? Based on my '09 Precedent it looks like you are missing hold downs.
Thanks for the heads up.

Can you post a pic of yours for my reference??

Looks like I need to order some hold down brackets. How many are required.

I'm new to golf carts so consider me to know nothing!
Old 11-16-2016, 03:39 PM   #8
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

The two T shaped black brackets will also need long studs, washers and nuts to go with them...get to work....and enjoy...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0108.jpg (178.6 KB, 0 views)
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 04:09 PM   #9
mike484
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Possibly (I dont know though), the things on the roof were for a GPS. I have golfed at a couple clubs that had a GPS installed up there to show how the holes are laid out and the distance to the center of the green.
mike484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 06:20 PM   #10
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

The things on the overhead are for placard holders. Used at golf courses to display course rules, names of players to use the cart in outings etc.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car