lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2017, 04:39 PM   #11
skyriver
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car AC conversion Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
Very nice results!
Thanks NCPW, it took me a couple of days to get the grin off my face the first time I gunned it, ha. I opened it up in golf mode and when it leveled out at 15 mph I flipped the switch to street and what a ride.
skyriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2017, 04:43 PM   #12
skyriver
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Cool!

Where in the Ozarks are you?
I live about 75 miles south west of St. Louis in a little rock throw called Shirley, where bouts do you live?
Old 06-09-2017, 04:55 PM   #13
skyriver
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoughton1 View Post
I have been eying this motor for a while AC 9-37.52. Did you have any problems with the install? any pictures of the install or during the install?
Yes, was planning on buying the AC9 as well, but in the end when it was time to buy I chose the AC-20. It was only $100 more than the AC9 and had 7 more HP, the only thing you need to watch out for is the AC20 is 1 1/2" longer than the AC9. If you have a lift kit it is no problem, but if your cart is stock you might have to cut off part of the shock support.

I didn't take any images of the install, but I need to have some work done on it this weekend and I'll take some images then when the body is off. The change over wasn't hard at all, just a little time consuming. The hardest part of the project was getting motor set by myself, it weighs 60 lbs.
Old 06-09-2017, 05:39 PM   #14
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyriver View Post
I live about 75 miles south west of St. Louis in a little rock throw called Shirley, where bouts do you live?
I'm down in Springfield
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 06:36 PM   #15
harriswallace
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I did one on a ezgo on 72volts other than not having room to mount the controller because of the batteries it was pretty easy. The intructions are easy to follow and it comes with a wiring harness the only thing you need is a toggle forward and reverse switch. it is pricey but I think is worth it will pull the wheels and go 32mph on 25" tires. The only regret I have is I didn't go with lithium batteries it would have saved me about 500 pounds. Only thing I am having a problem with is how to rest the battery percent guess I need to give them a call

Richard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8356.jpg (565.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8349.jpg (433.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8378.jpg (325.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8357.jpg (309.9 KB, 0 views)
harriswallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:27 PM   #16
Muddog
Crazy Wild

Club Car

Didn't see prices on website, so I called one of their dealers in upstate.
Asked about cost of ac20 kit, he quoted me $2400 installed. I asked about off the shelf price, he said he'd have to check on that, Came back and told me they do not sell them without install.
He went to tell me that they will be keeping the drive system that comes out of the cart.
I tried to get a ballpark price for the kit, he said around $1800, so they're charging $600 for the install and keeping all the old stuff. Let's see, I'd value the motor, controller, solenoid and wire harness at $500 easy. I see why they want to install.
I don't think I'll be doing business with these guys. Little to greedy for me.

Last edited by Muddog; 06-09-2017 at 09:27 PM.. Reason: Poor spelling
Muddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 06:52 AM   #17
skyriver
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Hey Muddog, your right something doesn't sound right with that dealer, the prices aren't right either. HPEVS has a couple of numbers listed on their contact page, just give them a call and ask for Bill and tell them your interested in one of their kits.

Bill quoted me the AC20 kit for $2625 and the AC9 for $2525, don't know how long that price will be correct, but it takes a week to run your kit through the factory, then he will call you when it is ready, shipping for me was $90.

It is pricey, but for good reason as it is a excellent kit and a excellent company. I saved up over the winter in order to get the best. If you would prefer to buy it elsewhere here's a couple of links to them online:

http://www.cloudelectric.com/category-s/17138.htm

http://www.cartpartsrus.com/HPEVS/ac%20motors.htm

Both are online dealers, hope this helps.

Den
Old 06-10-2017, 07:05 AM   #18
skyriver
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Wow Richard that is a ride, I had the same problem with batteries. I added a couple under the utility bed on a sliding battery tray giving me a 8 -6 volt batteries total, it was tight but worked out OK. For what I use the cart for the 8 lead acid batteries are beneficial, the cart climbs great up the steep hills here and rarely spins a tire with a stock rear end.

With all the torque of the AC20 I can lower the tire pressure way down to where it rides like a Cadillac over the rough terrain. I've never check the actual top speed, I'm only running 20 inch tires with a 4" lift kit, but the Curtis 840 says it tops off at 31 and cruises at 28, what ever the top end it's plenty fast enough for this old man.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:24 AM   #19
harriswallace
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyriver View Post
Wow Richard that is a ride, I had the same problem with batteries. I added a couple under the utility bed on a sliding battery tray giving me a 8 -6 volt batteries total, it was tight but worked out OK. For what I use the cart for the 8 lead acid batteries are beneficial, the cart climbs great up the steep hills here and rarely spins a tire with a stock rear end.

With all the torque of the AC20 I can lower the tire pressure way down to where it rides like a Cadillac over the rough terrain. I've never check the actual top speed, I'm only running 20 inch tires with a 4" lift kit, but the Curtis 840 says it tops off at 31 and cruises at 28, what ever the top end it's plenty fast enough for this old man.
skyriver what rpm is your motor set for and does your battery gauge rest after you charge it mine keeps going down even after charging. After a full charge it reads 78.9 volts but 79%
harriswallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 08:41 AM   #20
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by harriswallace View Post
I did one on a ezgo on 72volts other than not having room to mount the controller because of the batteries it was pretty easy. The intructions are easy to follow and it comes with a wiring harness the only thing you need is a toggle forward and reverse switch. it is pricey but I think is worth it will pull the wheels and go 32mph on 25" tires. The only regret I have is I didn't go with lithium batteries it would have saved me about 500 pounds. Only thing I am having a problem with is how to rest the battery percent guess I need to give them a call

Richard
Richard, nice install on the AC kit. You are right about the lithium pack, 475 lbs would be saved and I wonder what that performance would be. Here is pic of pack install I did in a TXT with PQ Bandit and XCT48400. This one will run 34-35 and spin the tires on concrete. I would love to try your setup with this pack. Controller was out to Alltrax for warranty repair in this pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New 145 cell Pack.jpg (328.8 KB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ac conversion kit, club car, information, opinions, suggestions
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car