lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2017, 05:31 PM   #11
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: How to replace Club Car DS Run/Tow Switch

Well the Precedent battery box is almost completely closed off to the ground. Only several drain holes. Lift the seat in your DS and you can see plenty of ground looking down there.
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2017, 05:33 PM   #12
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yeah. Definitely room for improvement. I wish there was a prefab tray to drop in for protection. I don't really want to do all the work myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:43 PM   #13
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

I wouldn't necessarily say there is room for improvement...
CC has been making them this way since 1981. There are pros and cons to it.
There are a lot of guys that wouldn't give up their 10 year old DS for a brand new Precedent.
I actually like the openness of the DS; makes cleaning it up a lot easier. The DS is a simpler design for sure. A lot of guys like how easy they are to work on (except for the pedals!) The open design makes for better breathing of the electronics and batteries as well.
I'll take either one, but honestly, when it comes down to it, if both my carts are sitting there, I'm going to jump on the Carryall (DS) before I get on the Precedent. Probably for the same reason that if the car and truck are sitting there, I'll go for the truck EVERY time.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:45 PM   #14
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir View Post
There are a lot of guys that wouldn't give up their 10 year old DS for a brand new Precedent.
I actually like the openness of the DS; makes cleaning it up a lot easier. The DS is a simpler design for sure. A lot of guys like how easy they are to work on (except for the pedals!) The open design makes for better breathing of the electronics and batteries as well.
I'll take either one, but honestly, when it comes down to it, if both my carts are sitting there, I'm going to jump on the Carryall (DS) before I get on the Precedent.

Good rationale. I'm happy with it. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 09:14 PM   #15
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

If you worked for a dealer during the time Club Car used the 12 volt batteries in the Precedents you'd really like them. I recall one trip in particular where we had to do an entire fleet battery changeout. 65 carts with 12 volt batteries. We found over 100 dollars worth of change in those battery compartments. Went to a woman's house one time in a fancy neighborhood and changed her batteries and found a woman's wedding ring with a big diamond on it. I knew it was the right thing to do, so I knocked on her door and gave it to her because I figured she had lost it. She said no, it's not mine, and she took it. I wish I would have known that before! lol.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 09:23 PM   #16
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yeah, you can't get your hands down to the bottom of the box with the monster 12 volt batteries in there.
It's worse now that I stuffed 6/8's where the 4/12's used to be!
Old 05-20-2017, 11:06 PM   #17
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir View Post
I'll take either one, but honestly, when it comes down to it, if both my carts are sitting there, I'm going to jump on the Carryall (DS) before I get on the Precedent. Probably for the same reason that if the car and truck are sitting there, I'll go for the truck EVERY time.
Ditto! And I just flat out like the bulkiness and stance of my DS over the Precedent...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car