lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2017, 03:16 AM   #21
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Joining the Club Car Ranks

Started the build friday:
PICS TO COME TOMORROW.
1. Removed body, sanded, opted to use bedliner instead of a real paint job b/c I would've spent 20 hours just trying to fill all the deep scratches and sanding the fiberglass resin prior owner used to fix some cracks. Rolled 4 coats of bedliner. Pretty pleased with outcome.
2. Recovered seats with garnet and white striped covers I bought off of Ebay.
3. Electrical - getting the old motor off was a B****. Basically destroyed it. Took a lot of southern redneck engineering to finally get the splines to release (dropped the rear end, but could not find a wheel puller long enough). The casing had come off the motor at this point so I cut a "U" shaped piece of steel I could fit in th housing and get it between the housing and the splines. Tapped holes in it for some 8 inch screws I had and then just threaded the screws through until the splines finally released and the motor came off - 2 cans of WD40 later. PLUM QUICK RATTLESNAKE INSTALLED! Replaced stock controller, F&R, and solenoid with SR48500, HD F&R, and SD Solenoid from ScottyB. Alltrax needs to print their owner's manual bigger! Built new 2 guage wire set and installed.
4. Pulled the spindle lifts and replaced with stock spindles. Added 1 inch block lift while I was at it. Didn't replace the A Arms, etc. from the lift kit because they are powder coated black and look better than the stock stuff i bought off of Craigslit. Replaced all bushings in rear end.
5. Drove to 5 different tire places to get my new tires installed on my 12 inch Cragar's. Every shop I went to before the 5th shop said "Our new machines will break putting tires on wheels that small". Picking wheels up tomorrow.
6. Polished (lightly) aluminum trim, seat posts, roof struts, etc.
7. Painted roof, bumpers, dash cubbies, dash plate, rear fender covers, and golf bag tray with bumper paint after I primed with Bulldog Adhesion Promoter.
8. Pressure washed frame while I had the thing stripped down. Didn't make much of a difference, but probably the least labor intensive thing I did all weekend.
9. Replaced every **** screw, nut and bolt with stainless ones. About every 4th bolt was so corroded the heads either stripped or the bolt sheared when I tried to take them off. Those Grabit screw extractors suck. Nothing beats a good set of metal cutting drill bits.

What's left?
Going to put body, roof, seats back on tomorrow after work. Bought some 1 inch angle aluminum to run the entire lenght of the top to give it some more rigidity - going to go around the corners with 1 inch flat aluminum and join them where the roof support are.

In a few weeks (I'm a little burnt out on working on the cart right now) I'm going to install the 12v reducer, fuse block, halo headlights, LED tail lights, and voltage meter.

I hope the **** thing runs!
benjylafond is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2017, 07:24 AM   #22
jethaulin
never finished

Club Car

sounds great. cant wait to see pics.
jethaulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:03 AM   #23
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Pics

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2017, 10:11 PM   #24
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Pics

Old 06-29-2017, 10:12 PM   #25
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Test drove cart today. Rattlesnake motor is insane! With stock wheels and tires it spun rear tires on pavement! Stock tires are in really bad shape so I installed my 12 incb cragar's with 21 inch tires. Won't spin tires, but acceleration is still ridiculous. Was at 32mph and climbing when I lifted. Feels like it has another 5 or 6 mph left. And the batteries were at about 70% state of charge. New problem, 1 inch lift bar in front not enough, left tire rubs on frame when I try and turn left. Ordered a 2 inch wherlbase extension kit from Jake's. I msy never finish.

WHAT IS LEFT TO DO:
Install Halo LED hesdlights and LED tail lights
48v reducer and fuse block, courtesy of scottyb
Install roof
Install front cowl after I fab mounts for HALOs

Pics to follow

Old 06-30-2017, 06:43 AM   #26
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

On that wheel rubbing, make sure they turn the same amount each way.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 06:48 AM   #27
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjylafond View Post
Pics

When I saw this picture on my phone, I thought those were slicks on the cart!
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:41 AM   #28
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir View Post
When I saw this picture on my phone, I thought those were slicks on the cart!

Me too. I was thinking "**** that must be a beast if it needs slicks, where is the wheelie bar."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:53 PM   #29
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Almost done! Phone broke so when new one comes in I'll post pics.
Had to order Jakes wheelbase extension kit because front wheels (12 inch Cragars) with 21 inch tires were rubbing very badly when I turned. After installed kit was much better, but when I hit any big bumps, would still rub so I broke out the jigsaw and trimmed the front wheel wells by about an inch and a half. Took care of that problem. Gonna fab some fiberglass fender flares for the front because the front tires are getting me muddy.
3 things left to do:
1. Get tail lights working. Headlights work, but tail lights don't. All on same circuit so I must have a bad crimp in the wiring. HALO LED headlights are sick though!
2. Trying to find the part number for the Club Car OEM USB charger I saw in a local golf course's Precedents. They have a spring loaded cap that works a lot better than the rubber cap on the marine one I have in my Ezgo. E-mailed local club car dealer to see if they could get me one, but no response yet.
3. Adjust Alltrax SR48500 settings - my wife is not going to like the "snap your head back" instant throttle response when you first hit the accelerator.

I will say this for the Plum Quick Rattlesnake motor. It is everything PQ told me it would be. Great acceleration and top speed. Would recommend it to anyone looking for increased torque and serious top speed.

By the way, another shout out to ScottyB. Great customer service on my purchases and quick e-mail responses when I had questions about installing the 12v reducer/fuse block kit I purchased from him.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:12 PM   #30
smokin87ta
Not Yet Wild

I just purchased alot of the same parts today from scotty b for my 98 ds I'm starting to work on. Glad to hear it's a good combination so far.
smokin87ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car