lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2017, 01:52 PM   #11
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2001 CC DS OBC issue...

This is my solenoid...So you're saying to run a jumper from which one of these posts? The small post with the black spade connector? or the side with the yellow heavy gauge wire?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8950.jpg (315.2 KB, 0 views)
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2017, 09:21 AM   #12
twilliams81
Gone Wild

I read the sticky on this and I'm not sure which applies to this particular cart..any help would be very much appreciated
Old 05-30-2017, 10:41 AM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You have the last Regen model before the IQ system came out in 2002, those were some transition years for Club Cars and lots of quirks in those systems.

This diagram should match your cart:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...oid_wiring.jpg
Use the same process for IQ systems, from the stickies (white and blue wires connected at the OBC 6-pin connector):
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1235126
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 01:06 PM   #14
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Ok I did the by pass with the blue and white wires but I'm right where I started (solenoid click when run/tow switch is flipped from tow to run) and then no movement with the pedal depressed. There is also a red/white wire (same gauge) in the six pin connector...should I have connected that wire with the blue one instead of the solid white?
Old 05-30-2017, 04:10 PM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am assuming the OBC is totally disconnected and the wires are jumped on the cart harness side of the 6-pin connector.

Since the solenoid is activating, the by-pass is working and providing power to the positive side of the solenoid coil.

The red/white wire should remain disconnected, the white wire provides power from the Tow/Run switch and it is a better source for the by-pass.

Make sure the solenoid is working, measure the voltage on the solenoid big post on the controller side (Yellow cable) before and after the solenoid clicks.
Old 05-30-2017, 04:39 PM   #16
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Yes the blue and white wires are fused on the harness side. I'm getting reading of 3.3 on the controller side of the solenoid (yellow heavy gauge wire) and 48.7 after you flip the run/tow switch to RUN. I get the same reading whether the six pin connector is connected or not. Also the red/white wire is STILL connected to the main controller harness I have not messed with that wire as I was unsure of what to do with it. Do I need to cut it out as well? If so do I need to just tape it off? Thanks for all the help Sergio you are the man!
Old 05-30-2017, 05:22 PM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

As long as the OBC 6-pin plug is disconnected, the red/white or any other unused wire on the connector are fine, no other action is needed there.

Is 48.7v the current pack voltage?

The voltage on the Yellow cable should go up to pack voltage when the solenoid clicks.

Also, does the solenoid click every time You press the pedal or just when You flip the Tow/Run to Run?
Old 05-30-2017, 05:34 PM   #18
twilliams81
Gone Wild

No actually full pack voltage is 49.7 and the solenoid is at 48.7 and it only clicks when I flip the run/tow switch from tow to run and not at all with the pedal.

Just so I'm clear....since I've done the bypass it's OK to leave the six pin connector unplugged permanently?
Old 05-30-2017, 05:51 PM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilliams81 View Post
No actually full pack voltage is 49.7 and the solenoid is at 48.7 and it only clicks when I flip the run/tow switch from tow to run and not at all with the pedal.

Just so I'm clear....since I've done the bypass it's OK to leave the six pin connector unplugged permanently?
Yes, but You need to use a smart charger, not the original Powerdrive model charger.

Does the Controller sound the buzzer when you put on Reverse?

Since You already replaced the MCOR and the solenoid works, it looks like a Controller failure.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:56 PM   #20
twilliams81
Gone Wild

No it does not sound the reverse buzzer..... I was afraid that's where the problem lies. I just wanted to make sure there is nothing else to check before I replace it. Again...a million thanks Sergio!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car