lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2017, 09:57 AM   #11
Porkman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Multiple Choice Test

I'm very much in the same situation and go with #1. I have a 48v Save A Battery by Granite Digital connected while I am gone. The think only puts out a tad over 1 amp if needed so I don't think hydrogen gas is a big issue. My cover has side vents and I leave it baggy at the bottom for circulation.I fully charge the batteries with the CC charger then connect the Save A Battery before I leave. I wouldn't count on the Save A Battery to fully charge discharged batteries.
Porkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2017, 06:25 PM   #12
gpj
Not Yet Wild

Porkman - I'm dealing with the same problem: 2003 DS at a vacation house 1000 miles away in FL. I am now reduced to calling an indulgent neighbor every month or so and asking them to give me a charge. Are you using the Save A Battery 48 Volt 50 Watt PULSE Charger Maintainer (#2365-4? Does it seem to be working ok? Thanks. Glen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkman View Post
I'm very much in the same situation and go with #1. I have a 48v Save A Battery by Granite Digital connected while I am gone. The think only puts out a tad over 1 amp if needed so I don't think hydrogen gas is a big issue. My cover has side vents and I leave it baggy at the bottom for circulation.I fully charge the batteries with the CC charger then connect the Save A Battery before I leave. I wouldn't count on the Save A Battery to fully charge discharged batteries.
gpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:11 PM   #13
Porkman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Yep, # 2365-48 for the 48v one. I think current price is around $70-80. It seemed like the simplest solution for my needs. Cart sits under a carport and didn't want to leave the CC charger out there while gone. It works great for me. It comes with both alligator and ring terminal leads so you can hook it up however you want. I'm no electronics expert but it charges with a pulse rather than a constant current and that is supposed to be better for the batteries, so they say anyway.
Porkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 08:51 PM   #14
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks guys,
Food for thought, on both the maintainer, and Sergio solution.

Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 04:15 AM   #15
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkman View Post
Yep, # 2365-48 for the 48v one. I think current price is around $70-80. It seemed like the simplest solution for my needs. Cart sits under a carport and didn't want to leave the CC charger out there while gone. It works great for me. It comes with both alligator and ring terminal leads so you can hook it up however you want. I'm no electronics expert but it charges with a pulse rather than a constant current and that is supposed to be better for the batteries, so they say anyway.
Yes that's the one I got from J&B Tool Sales - current price $75.92

That would be my choice Aflyer, for the price. I know it works well on mine.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car