lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2017, 07:54 PM   #1
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Another wiring question

My 2010 Precedent Excel is undergoing a muta....transformation right now. I'm trying to install voltage gauge, lights and other accessories in the dash and need some guidance. I'm bypassing the OBC and using an Alltrax controller so the idiot light is now even more useless.

It appears that I can take the orange wire from the old idiot light for pack + voltage for an always on connection or jump a wire from the blue on the key switch to make a switched + connection. I will probably take the brown/white from the old OBC 6-pin connector under the seat and connect to pack - to complete the circuit.

This wiring diagram closely resembles what I see behind the dash but not exactly.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tml#post890814

The reason I say not exactly is because I found two wires red and black/white that are not connected to anything. Does anyone have some advice as to what they are and where they go?
extrawires.jpg

Thanks
G
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2017, 08:06 PM   #2
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Another wiring question

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...mcor_small.jpg

This one looks more like my cart but it still isn't exact. I also read that those wires might be an optional battery indicator with + coming from the hot side of the key but I cannot figure out where the - goes. I thought it was black/white stripe but might be yellow stripe.

Is there a place to look at ALL the relevant wiring diagrams for my year?
Old 06-18-2017, 08:21 PM   #3
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Gregorio,
My 2013 Precedent had the extra set of wires as you are displaying. I do not recall the colors.

But I believe the Black on is negative which should be wired to the negative side of your digital gauge. The positive side should be wired to the Blue wire on your ignition switch if you want the gauge to only read when you are running the cart.

If you want it to read all the time, wire the red wire to the positive side of your gauge.

Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:31 PM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The color is black/yellow, here is the diagram you need:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...tch_wiring.jpg
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:45 PM   #5
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The color is black/yellow, here is the diagram you need:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...tch_wiring.jpg
Thanks Sergio. I saw that but I guess I'm confused about where that black wire gets 48V negative. Is it from the controller or ? What color is the wire on the other side of the connector?
Old 06-18-2017, 10:04 PM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Your signature says You have an Excel cart but the first post You said IQ cart.

If it is an Excel cart that negative is shared between the MCOR and the speed sensor.

It goes from Controller Pin #3 to a sonic weld and then to the yellow/black (pin #4 on the 9-pin connector of the diagram).
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:14 PM   #7
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yeah, I'm an idiot. Excel cart. Serial # PH. It is my IQ that is shrinking with every beer, today!

Thanks for the information and the patience. I'll revisit this when I sober up in the morning!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car