lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2017, 08:15 PM   #1
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Madjax bucket harness problems

I've been amassing parts over the past 2 years with the idea that I would install them all at once. While, in theory, that should save me time with disassembly and reassembly, it has a distinct disadvantage; you can't return stuff today that you bought two years ago!

I grabbed a Madjax basic light kit with bucket harness and now that I'm installing it two years later, it looks like I bought a GAS harness! "Hmmmm, says I. It shouldn't be that hard to make it work. After all, the lights run on 12v." Well, it shouldn't but it seems Madjax makes it very hard. The black ground with bullet connector is 12v negative and the red wire with the fuse is 12v positive. Connect those to the respective leads on an auxiliary battery or voltage converter and there should be light.

There is but only the headlight and tail lights. No brake lights at all. What I thought was the brake light switch was a circuit breaker. For what, I don't know. There is already a fuse. Since they do not include a brake light switch, I searched for one that I could get ASAP. I found a RHOX kit that plugged right in. Perfect but still no brake lights. A lot of cussing and wire tracing led me to find out that the loose green/wt wire in the dash harness needs 12v positive. OK, now I'm leery and run a jumper from 12v positive. Still no brake lights. After more cussing, a beer and more tracing I discovered the return from the brake switch dead ends in the 9 pin Molex connector behind the dash. Same for the left and right wires going to the brake lights. WTH? You have to pay for the Ultimate Kit in order to use the brake lights?

I am considering cutting the Molex off but that would be a problem if I ever decide to add blinkers. Does anyone know how to purchase the correct 9 pin Molex along with the requisite pins so I can make a jumper?
molex.jpg
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2017, 08:22 PM   #2
Ozzysgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Madjax bucket harness problems

Madjax lightkit with Madjax bucket harness and use two of the three lead extra will go under your foot pedal to accept an ultimate lightkit upgraded brake pad that screws on your existing pedal. The extra fuse you have is for a precedent light kit for use with 2004-2008 carts that have the wiring installed already and the bucket harness is not used.

Sent from my VS880PP using Tapatalk
Ozzysgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:23 PM   #3
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzysgolfcarts View Post
Madjax lightkit with Madjax bucket harness and use two of the three lead extra will go under your foot pedal to accept an ultimate lightkit upgraded brake pad that screws on your existing pedal. The extra fuse you have is for a precedent light kit for use with 2004-2008 carts that have the wiring installed already and the bucket harness is not used.

Sent from my VS880PP using Tapatalk
Not ready to spend another $150 to make the brake lights work. Thanks!
Old 06-20-2017, 09:07 PM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If Your 12v power source comes ON/OFF with the key switch, just connect the 2 larger 1/4" female spade connectors (Blue and the Green/White wires) together.

The Green/White provides +12v to the brake pedal switch.

When You press the brake, the brown/white wire on that 9-pin connector gets +12v.

The White wire on the 9-pin connector goes to the Driver side brake light.

The Yellow wire on the 9-pin connector goes to the Passenger side brake light.

Just strip and connect the Brown/White, Yellow and White wires together.

You can always undo that split if You ever add the turn signal assembly later.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:55 PM   #5
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

I guess I could cut the brake light and brake switch wires midway in the dash harness and crimp them all together. If I ever decide to spend the $150, I could always cut the crimp and butt splice them back together.

I'll look for power on the blue wire. Thanks!
Old 06-20-2017, 10:43 PM   #6
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

After some searching, I found the right part. 5 of them and 50 pins came to less than $20. Just hoping they fit my crimping tool. It claims to be universal and it has fit everything I've thrown at it over the years. With my luck, it won't this time! I've crimped by hand before buying the tool so it is no big deal.

Thanks for the help, everyone.

MOLEX 02-08-2004 CONTACT, MALE, 20-14AWG
MOLEX 50-84-2090 PIN SOCKET 9P, 11.0A
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car