lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2017, 09:52 AM   #1
Ward9320
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Looking for a Wiring Diagram for Accessories

Hey Guys, Hows it going?

My birthday just rolled around and my wife got me a new dash, stereo and speakers so while I have the whole dash torn apart I want to make sure I get all the wiring done right the first time. I need some help with the wiring from the gurus out there please. I have a fuse block and a 48v - 12v voltage reducer and what I would like to do is have it set up so that when the key is turned off all the accessories that are hooked to the fuse block lose power with the exception of the memory for the stereo that needs a constant power supply. Thanks in advanced.

I have a 4-12v 2004 Club Car Precedent.
Ward9320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2017, 12:06 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Looking for a Wiring Diagram for Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
They have not made radios with small current "memory wires" in over 10 years... All radios now work similar to the voltage converters with a trigger wire:

A +12v Constant power wire that provides powers for the amp, logic section and maintains the presets, etc...

A +12v ignition/switched "trigger" wire (sometimes small gauge) that tells the radio to power the amp.

I thing the best option is to get a charger relay (under $10) and wire your converter to provide both switched and constant +12v

Get +48v from the pack thru a "long term storage" on/off switch located near the Tow/run switch so you won't forget to turn it off.

That switch will provide power to the +48v input of the converter and the trigger wire if available.

Run The +12v output of the converter to anything that needs constant power (like your radio).

Run another wire from the +12v output of the converter to one side of the charger relay NO switch.

The other side of the relay NO switch provides switched power for lights, horn, turn signal, radio trigger, etc...

The charger relay coil is wired to the key switch so all accessories (including radio, but without losing memory) go off when you turn the key switch off.
Old 06-25-2017, 01:55 PM   #3
Ward9320
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

IMG_0723.jpg

So after looking at the thread that came from I am guessing that it needs to be set up something like this? If so, where do I hook up the ground points at? And which key wire do I connect the relay coil too (blue or green)? Sorry, electrical stuff always makes my head spin. I just want to have a very clear understanding of what I need to do so I don't accidentally end up frying something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2017, 03:09 PM   #4
crash test dummy

ground is to a ground bar

keyed on/off is blue wire

your diagram toggle switch shuts off reducer which will kill a radio memory
Old 06-25-2017, 08:58 PM   #5
Ward9320
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks so much! I'm pretty sure I have grip on it now.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car