lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2017, 12:51 PM   #1
KeysNole
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car Precedent build recommendations

I am going to start the build on a 2013 Precedent and wanted to get recommendations.

Looking for a quality charger recommendation.

Considering Trojan 875 batteries, but open to thoughts.

Jake's 4" or 6" A arm lift.

Considering Street Fox (or similar) tires, but open to off road tires that would hold up. We are 95% on the street, and use our current car 5-7 days per week.

Planning to keep stock controller and motor.

Extended roof, turn signals, LED light kid, front storage rack, rear seat, volt meter.

Considering the roof mount speaker/radio combo. We do not want to lose storage/foot resting space up front. Not a huge fan of blue tooth.

Photo is similar to the look we are going for...thought the tires reflected what the Street Foxes might look like.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart.jpg (197.6 KB, 0 views)
KeysNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2017, 05:08 PM   #2
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Precedent build recommendations

DPI Charger all the way! (get the one that requires OBC bypass, it has a float mode and will keep the pack at 100% all the time)
I was considering Trojans as well, but I went with the Crown CR190's because they have a higher AH rating than the T875's and cost just a little bit more.
All Sports makes a great lift as an alternative to the Jakes.
Tires...you're on your own. So many different opinions...
I have a roof console for stereo and speakers that I love.(get a good quality 48 to 12 reducer)
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:39 PM   #3
Muddog
Crazy Wild

Club Car

Unless you see a need for front disc brakes, go with an AllSport 4" lift.
Like Kash, I feel it is a better made lift.
6" lifts can be squirrely on the road, even at stock speeds. It's also a pretty big step up to get into buggie. With ATV Tires and 6" lift it's like drivin one of them big ole 4WD trucks you see, it takes effort.
I put about 50 road miles a week on my buggie, the only reason I have big lift and ATV tires is to get down to the beach to pick up trash, but now that they have banned buggies on the beach, I have no need for big lift and tires.
Fixin to sell my beach buggie and build a street machine. I'm ready to drive a Cadillac instead of a Ram truck.
I like the looks of the Rhox tires. They're radials so they will give you a much smoother, quieter ride.
As much as you use your buggie on road , you'll be happier with the shorter lift and street tires.
Muddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:07 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysNole View Post
I am going to start the build on a 2013 Precedent and wanted to get recommendations.

Looking for a quality charger recommendation. DPI as Kash stated

Considering Trojan 875 batteries, but open to thoughts. Crown, Trojan, Interstate, etc. are all pretty good. Look for bang for your buck - AH compared to costs.

Jake's 4" or 6" A arm lift. I am more favorable to A-arm lifts and not spindle lifts.

Planning to keep stock controller and motor. You won't for long....

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Here are mine......
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 12:12 PM   #5
KeysNole
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all of the recommendations. I found the DPI charger online as well as the voltage reducer so many here have recommended.

Will probably go with the 4" lift as this is a family cart and I don't want it getting squirrelly. A Arm lift. Still undecided on batteries but will research the recommendations.

Nolefan, why do you say I will be switching out the stock controller and motor? It looks like this setup will get me about 22 mph, which is what I am going for. My personal fear is getting someone else's problem with tons of miles on it, but the person building this for me will make it right if something goes wrong.
KeysNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:32 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysNole View Post
-snip-Nolefan, why do you say I will be switching out the stock controller and motor? It looks like this setup will get me about 22 mph, which is what I am going for. My personal fear is getting someone else's problem with tons of miles on it, but the person building this for me will make it right if something goes wrong.
Lol! Meaning once the bug bites you just as it has now, seldom are you satisfied with what you get and will continually want more..... (Its part of the DNA and genetic structure that is mutated into all of us once we jump on and get going)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 03:17 PM   #7
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Club Car Precedent build recommendations

Op, please check the site sponsors for your charger and voltage reducer .
Revolution Golf Cars and cartsunlimited are highly recommended here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car