lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2017, 08:18 PM   #11
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: stereo installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltLifeCC View Post
I've installed lots of stereos in vehicles, boats, and my cart. As referenced above, I also run my accessories off a dedicated battery instead of a reducer. I don't listen to radio much but I don't get interference when I do. We usually play mp3, pandora, or xm through our iphones.

Anyway, to address the last question - you have to charge the extra battery by itself. Some make a big deal out of this but I just don't see it. Takes a few extra seconds to plug it in. I have a quick disconnect that I keep on my battery all the time so when I plug the cart in, I plug the quick connect in and charge all of it at the same time.

In these configurations, stereos are easy installs. Where to put the speakers is usually the bigger pain. You will most likely have a red power wire and a yellow memory wire that need to plug into positive on the reducer or battery - use fused lines if they don't come fused (some units are fused on the back right where the wires come out). The black ground wire goes to the reducer ground or the negative battery terminal. Then it's just a matter of getting the right speaker wires to the speakers. They are in pairs and are either labeled or documented in the radio manual. If you add an amp and/or subwoofer, there is a little bit more to it but still not hard.

Installing an aftermarket stereo in newer cars is more of a pain and often requires vehicle specific harnesses or adapters to make them work. I put one in my truck recently and had to have a separate adapter to keep my steering wheel controls working and another adapter to bypass the head unit amp and use the factory amp wired to my speakers instead. Then there are wires for power antennas, amp on/off, light dimmers, etc. You don't need all that on a cart.
How big does this battery need to be in amp hours for a small alpine amp and a JBL Bluetooth setup?
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car