lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2014, 01:54 PM   #1
gardnerphoto
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 1997 non dcs EZGO F/R question

Troubleshooting a 1997 EZGO non dcs,It was not running ,Now it is,but before and now,I have full pack voltage on a,b,c,d (on the back of F/R)does not matter if in forward or reverse,key does have to be on.'I put neg probe on neg pack,then red probe on each terminal(a,b,c,and d)....is this normal?

Seems to run fine...
gardnerphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2014, 04:17 PM   #2
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1997 non dcs EZGO F/R question

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardnerphoto View Post
Troubleshooting a 1997 EZGO non dcs,It was not running ,Now it is,but before and now,I have full pack voltage on a,b,c,d (on the back of F/R)does not matter if in forward or reverse,key does have to be on.'I put neg probe on neg pack,then red probe on each terminal(a,b,c,and d)....is this normal?

Seems to run fine...
There are some diagrams in Sticky Basic Golf Cart Wiring diagrams. I would say what you are measuring is normal but I am no expert. I know just enough about golf carts to be dangerous. This voltage is fed through a pre-charge resistor across the solenoid contacts to the FR switch contacts to the motor and is back fed out of the motor to make voltage appear on all terminals as long as the FR switch is in either forward or backwards position. You need to do some more checking around next time it don't run when you switch it on and press the pedal.. Some vital signs to note is does the solenoid click when you press the pedal with the key on.. Check for loose connections on batteries, solenoid, etc, anywhere there is a connection and be careful with golf cart in event it suddenly starts moving. Jacking rear wheels clear of surface and putting on brakes while you troubleshoot it are recommended. More expert help from others will appear.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:11 PM   #3
gardnerphoto
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1997 non dcs EZGO F/R question

Golfcart had the wrong motor on it,,,,💥🎁
gardnerphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO