lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2014, 07:28 PM   #51
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Solenoid clicks but cart will not move (sometimes)

Since the consensus is you have a bad controller, if it were me, I'd try the old trick of whacking it with a rubber mallet. If that works, just carry it with you and don't go anywhere you can't walk home and tow it.

Years ago, I drove a Duster that had a bad starter solenoid. It took two people to start. One to turn the key and one to whack it with my 24 oz. Estwing framing hammer.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2014, 10:26 PM   #52
jfarrior
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I spoke with an Alltrax technician today and explained the problems I am having and what I have done to test the cart. He said a quick test to see if the problem is the controller is to connect the -M wire to -B post on the controller. With the cart jacked up, press the peddle and if it runs the cart is ok but the controller is bad. Connecting the -M to the -B post on the controller takes the controller out of the equation. The bad news is my cart ran so my controller is broke. If anyone is going to do this test, make sure the cart is jacked up because the cart will get full power when the peddle is pressed.

Anyone have a good deal on a 48v controller?
jfarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:27 PM   #53
jfarrior
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have the stock controller and broke Alltrax 4855 if anyone needs it. Make me an offer.
jfarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:22 AM   #54
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I've opened a stock controller before, and that might be good for harvesting parts, but I'm betting yours is good. OTOH, I'm told an Alltrax is potted, so probably no use for harvesting parts.

Again, if it's dead, try and open it up to see if it truly is potted. If it isn't, I may want it for parts, in case I kill mine.

I'd still try whacking it with a mallet before replacement. I had an old 23" CRT computer monitor that had to be whacked every couple of months, but it gave me a couple of good years.

I also had an HDMI/component switch that failed. The chips had their make/model numbers scratched off, so no replacing them. I hit each with a heat gun and found the bad one, and glued a small resistor on top of it, for a heater, and it worked for years.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:23 AM   #55
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

delete
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:40 PM   #56
Gquilliams
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

My cart does the exact same thing and I have an entirely new drive system all the way to the D&D motor except for the stock ITS throttle. I have already spoke with Scottyb about it and all he said to check was high current wiring which I have checked several times.
Gquilliams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo, not moving, solenoid clicks, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO