lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2014, 07:36 PM   #1
ezgoin92
Not Yet Wild

Default Suggestions from ScottyB and buggiesgonewild nation

Hello Again Buggiesgonewild nation, once again looking for your suggestions.

As a recap 92 EZGO ("Textron" Division Augusta Georgia, presume medalist, Manufacturer code B2092) pretty much completely stock (never did decide one those upgrades :-)) with the exception a seat has been added to the back. As I have been told in the past these type of posts ought to have pics so I am attaching below....at least aiming to attach below.

I am trying to do a few initial upgrades w/out investing a fortune and am not sure which way to go. I want to takle a portion of this project now and leave myself the option to go from there if funds, time etc allows. I am not looking to have a blazing fast cart but better than the 12 mph I get right now would be good. I don't use it for long distance, mostly around the small acreage but every once in a while drive it a couple miles around the neighborhood. One of my short term goals is to add a hitch so i can attach a cart behind it and take the kids around the area for Halloween (would love to see pics of others hitch setup with a backseat to work around). For halloween I plan to have 4 adults on the cart and 4 kids 7-12 yrs old in a small trailer around the area prob 2.5-3 miles. My 6V batts are about 3 years old and are holding up well, not brand new but doing well (even with letting them get to low for the charger to kick on a while ago). Overall plan is to have a little faster cart for running around the neighborhood with more aggressive tires that can handle the moderate hills around the area. I'm in Virigina so its not flat like AZ but not quite as bad as the steep hills of PA. I would say the power or torque is more important than blazing top speed. I have seen some say to change to 48 volt, I don't know if my original motor or controler can handle that (see pics below I doubt the controler will handle 48v) or if a new controller is best.

Thought list is:

1 I need to get some HD springs on the cart since when i put an adult or two on the back i can easily drop between 1.5-2", if i'm pulling a small cart around it would help as well

2 Tires, what size can i put on the original rims to keep the price down. I have seen some decent Carlisle HD Field Trax or Carlisle Stryker at the local Wally World. How bad is the weight addition/cart performance by not going with a larger rim and shorter sidewall.

3 Power dept. do i look to go 48 volt and what is involved in that, clearly 2 new batts and another charger (solenoid)...... or am i better off just looking at a better controller to get me some more power/speed. With that how much can the stock motor handle (pics below). Currently running 4 guage cables.

4 (probably later depending on how much the above costs) 3-4" lift, or if the new tires are good enough i may not do the lift.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cart Pic.jpg (218.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Curtis PMC Controler.jpg (276.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg GE motor 2 specs.jpg (166.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg GE motor 1.jpg (153.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg solenoid etc.jpg (205.3 KB, 0 views)
ezgoin92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2014, 08:56 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Suggestions from ScottyB and buggiesgonewild nation

Her amperage delivery system is gonna need a makeover to be able to dso what you describe. The 2hp motor was designed for 2 people to drive 300yds down the fairway and rest. The dream of hauling 4 adults and a trailer full of kids on hilly streets would likely require a bigger motor, controller, solenoid, F&R, cables, and batteries. Others may have different experience.

Mine is based upon the premise that any failure is unacceptable.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:38 PM   #3
ezgoin92
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Suggestions from ScottyB and buggiesgonewild nation

Thanks ScottyB,

Streets are typicall and not too hilly but do tend to have perhaps slope is a better way of saying it. Down hill I do 13 or so and up prob about 10. My yard on the other hand has the hills to contend with. Either way appreciate your input.... I presume the upgrades listed would end up being a sizeable check.... perhaps i just need to be happy with the way it is maybe toss a set of tires that will fit without a lift and call it even.
ezgoin92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO