lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2014, 06:39 PM   #1
Newtoocarts
Not Yet Wild

Default Wiring a radio on 97 txt

Looking for some help a little frustrated.

The first radio I installed I could get power to the unit but not get sound out of it(tried multiple speakers on different connections).

2nd radio- blew the fuse and the radio all the same time. I checked everything with a voltage meter and realized I was at 36volts instead of the 12v I thought.

3rd radio - I have re-wired and I am now pulling 12v to the constant power wire. I have power coming out the end of the radio connector but when I plug in the connector to the radio I can not get the radio to power on. I do not want to take the radio back until I'm sure it's not the way I have it wired.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Newtoocarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2014, 07:34 PM   #2
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wiring a radio on 97 txt

Most of the newer radios have a main power wireB+ and a memory wireB+ plus the groundB-
My main power wire is switched and the memory wire is on constant, do not connect the ground to the frame
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO