lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #1
jshell1865
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Limited Slip Differential - Instal Cost Help

Thanks in advance for your responses.

I ordered a limited slip differential kit and hoped to install it weeks ago. Unfortunately, my schedule hasn't allowed me to get to it and it doesn't look like I'll be able to get to it anytime soon. Needless to say, it is killing me to have it sit unused in the garage.

I am thinking about paying someone to install it for me. Any thoughts on what a reasonable installation price would be?
jshell1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2010, 04:25 PM   #2
kdeerman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Limited Slip Differential - Instal Cost Help

Sorry, I don't know anything about the cost of installing your limited slip differential kit, but I was curious about your cart. Are you running 6-eight volt batteries? How much did the upgrade with the controller & 48 volts improve your speed/torque?
kdeerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:00 PM   #3
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The job is a basic wrench job 3 1/2 hours real time. Pick a local shop with a
good old boy wrench twister and get er done.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:51 PM   #4
kdeerman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

jshell,
I saw from an earlier post that you went with 8-six volt batts. Was that because you already had six good batteries, or because you want more range? I was planning to go with 6-eight volts, because my batteries are getting old anyway and need replaced, and the front wheels on my cart started to lift on a fairly steep hill, when I was hunting and had two guys riding in the rear seat.(I thought that 2 batteries in the bagwell may make this worse). The front wheels were still slightly in contact with the ground, but made steering difficult. I am in Alabama also, but further north with lots of hills.

I bought a cart very similiar to yours about 6 months ago, (it's the one in the picture to the left), 2003 series, ezgo 6" lift, rear seat, etc. I bought a 2002 48 volt club car before I found this one, but I plan to sell it to do a 48 volt upgrade to this cart. I plan on using the Alltrax 500 amp controller also, (on the stock motor for now). My cart also has the 4 ga. battery cables with 6 ga. motor wires.

What kind of charger are you using? I am looking at the Delta-q Quiq onboard charger.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:47 AM   #5
jshell1865
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Doomsman.

kdeerman,

My batteries were only a couple of years old, but i did want to go with 8 6volt batteries. After reading previous post, I decided I wanted the increased range.

I saw a huge difference in both tourque and speed. I cannot attribute it to anything individually because I replaced the controller, cables and upgraded at the same time. I also went with 1/0 cables. It is probably overkill, but there was not much difference in price between that and 2ga.

I am not sure about the added weight in the bagwell. I have not climbed any large inclines yet but plan to. I did have the front wheels come off the ground when my foot slipped on the pedal. It made me go look up installing seat belts!

I am currently using a 36V Powerwise and another 12V charger on the other two batteries. I am thinking about getiing a Delta Q on-board in the future but need to let my wallet rest for a little while. I'll probalbly wait to do it until I replace all of the batteries in a couple of years...or sooner if performace dictates.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:03 AM   #6
kdeerman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks, jshell.
Good luck with the limited slip differential kit install.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:15 PM   #7
kdeerman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

jshell,
I knew your name sounded familiar,
Did you get the limited slip differential installed? Where did you purchase it?
Old 05-19-2010, 12:35 PM   #8
jshell1865
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I almost mentioned that when I sw you name.

Not yet. I am kind of letting my wallet rest for a while. I'll let you know when I do.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:11 PM   #9
TonyG123
Not Yet Wild

Did you get a chance to install it yet??
TonyG123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO