lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2010, 09:17 PM   #1
bcookat
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 EZ GO stalls, beeps and then continues

I purchased this 2000 36 volt EZ GO about three years ago and it worked well for the first two years. Recently it stalls, beeps several times and when I release then reapply the accelerator it will continue immediately. It will stall in the same places on the road every time and appears to be sensitive to the grade of the road. I have checked all the connections and I am sure they are making good contact. In diagnostic mode I get 2 - 1 beeps but I am sure the batteries are good as I have load tested each. The controller box does get hot but it does not need time to cool down after it stalls to run again. Also at times the solenoid will click but the cart will not move forward until I apply and release the accelerator several times. I have read threads with similar symptoms but I have not found a solution in thoes post. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
bcookat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2010, 10:23 PM   #2
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 EZ GO stalls, beeps and then continues

solenoid is getting hot and dropping out.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:43 PM   #3
rkggoodman
Not Yet Wild

amen
rkggoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:48 AM   #4
bcookat
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for your reply!
Old 08-12-2010, 02:32 PM   #5
bcookat
Not Yet Wild

I have considered both your reply's to my problem and will install a new solenoid but I have a concern because the problem sometimes happens very shortly after I pull out of the garage. Will the solenoid get that hot that fast? Also is something causing an excessive current flow through the solenoid that will continue to be an issue? I am still curious as to why it stalls in the same place on the road...? The problem is apparently sensitive to the angle of the cart. Thanks again for your previous input. I'll let you know what the solenoid does for my problem but if you have any other ideas please let me know.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:18 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The angle of the cart may have everything to do with the cart going uphill and drawing more amperage thru the solenoid to do so...... Turn around and drive thru the same spot in the opposite direction (downhill?) = no problem? just a thought
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:43 PM   #7
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

I worked on a DCS cart that had a very similar problem was hard to isolate, finally drove it with out the seat and the covers off of the controller. The cart would stall out when I hit bumps. After jiggling the cables I was able to determine 1 of the female connections in the four pin connector from the throttle was spread apart just a bit to much to not make contact, but only happened on bumps, something to look at if the solenoid doesn't fix it.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:05 PM   #8
bcookat
Not Yet Wild

Thank you all for your inputs! I just replace the solenoid purchased localy for $41.20 and that fixed the problem.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:46 PM   #9
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Where do these shops exist at?? I feel lucky to get $30 for a standard 36 volt solenoid.....

Glad to know you got your problem resolved!
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shuts down, stalls, stops
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO