lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2010, 08:35 AM   #1
captaind40
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO won't easily go

Last week my golf cart started acting up! When you would push the accelerator pedal it would lag then all a sudden take off. There was no slow speed present. A few times it would act like it was running out of juice with the pedal pushed all the way to the floor then all a sudden start going again! Now it won't go at all. I charged the batteries but when I push the pedal it barely moves. It is a 85 model resistor type I think. Any help in diagnosing the problem would be greatly appreciated!
captaind40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2010, 08:41 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO won't easily go

Welcome to BGW, Captn.
You are describing a speed wiper problem.... Follow the peddle linkage to the speed wiper board. Inspect the board lugs and the wiper contact. They should not be pitted, burnt, or excessively worn. Each board lug is a speed and it sounds like your wiper is no longer getting reliable contact on some of the lugs. All of those parts (including the board) are available from any one of the bgw sponsors.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:45 AM   #3
rib33024

Welcome to BGW

how old are the batteries??

do you have a meter to test the volts of each battery and the pack volts, and this test on the batteries should be done after the batteries have been off the charger for, 4 or 5 hours to get a true reading -
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:58 AM   #4
captaind40
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the quick reply! Is there any way to check the wiper board....ie move the lugs closer together or do i just order a new board.
captaind40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:04 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The system is quite basic and all of the parts are available ~ so is the whole assembly. Your call. A visual inspection will tell how much damage there is and whether the board can be reused. I think once you start looking at it you will see what I mean..... If you get the whole unit and the wiper cable & contact you will be good as new.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:02 AM   #6
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The system is quite basic and all of the parts are available ~ so is the whole assembly. Your call. A visual inspection will tell how much damage there is and whether the board can be reused. I think once you start looking at it you will see what I mean..... If you get the whole unit and the wiper cable & contact you will be good as new.
Not a frequent occurrence but I agree with Scotty. The wiper cable and associated spring loaded contact may not be providing adequate pressure to get good contact. At least replace the wiper cable/contact and clean the board/studs.
e-z-go1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO