lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Extremely hot motor

I was down at the hunting club this past weekend and had been riding around for about 30 minutes. I started to smell that burning wire smell and figured something was loose. None of my wiring was loose or too hot to touch. However I noticed smoke coming from the motor itself. We had some snow on the ground and I threw some on the motor. It instantly boiled off.

I have a EMP 2 speed motor. All new HD wiring, FNR and two year old trojans. Components are in very good shape and wire contacts at motor all seem to be tight.

I've never had this happen before. Is the motor cooked? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!
ab46501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2011, 06:12 PM   #2
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default Re: Extremely hot motor

Call EMP. I have run into the brushes getting stuck in their housing and getting hot. I had a EMP motor rebuilt back in May 10'. The cart quit. Tested it out and found bad motor again. removed motor and found 2 brushes had come apart and teh other 2 stuck. Customer said he smelled a burning smell right b4 it quit. Replaced brushes with EZGO brushes and all is well. This happened in DEC 10'. The cart was "the Beast" from golf cart world customs.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:46 PM   #3
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I may give them a call. They just reworked the motor back in September. That is the second time in about 4 years. To be honest it never completely lived up to what it was supposed to do. They seem like good folks over there and maybe I just got a lemon but I don't know if I want to keep spending monet on it or go a different direction?
ab46501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:09 AM   #4
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

They have built several for me and so far thats the only one I have had issues with. I didn't even call them when it died the second time. I just fixed it with in stock parts to make teh customer happy. Didn't want to have to wait 10 or so days for them to fix it.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO