lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
mcb1
Not Yet Wild

Default Textron Charger III Control Board

My fathers neighbour has been rebuilding an EZGO electric buggy, that had seen better days and was dumped.
After it was going, he found the batteries gassing, and the charger not cutting off even at 45v and still pumping in about 5amps.
The batteries were nearly new and checked by the battery manufacturer.

Since I have an electronics background, I was asked to have a look, which I did as payback for all the favours going the other way.

A new control board wasn't feasible due to time constraints and the fact that a US Dollar is about 70cents of ours, plus I haven't found too many things in 35 years of electronics that I can't fix.

Anyway replacing the obvious wear items in electronic circuitry (capacitors) and tracing out the control board circuit (yes it doesn't appear in the www, and its still a pencil drawing on paper), I've hit a brick wall, and need to ask a few questions please.

We have no other carts, chargers or past history to compare......sorry

1. What voltage triggers the cutoff. (ScottyB answered GRR that he has seen 44 and 45v)

2. Does it stop straight away, or does it continue for a while after reaching xx volts

3. The circuit seems to incorporate an electonic timer, that runs for 2.5 hours (if my maths is right, and the timer is running at the right speed)
I am asumming this is not the total run time.

4. Does anyone have some control boards that are used and are surplus
(we have 230v and the relay has two contacts, but is not an issue)

This has now gotten to a matter of pride as I hate things beating me, and if some of my work here helps one of you, then great.
The control board has C22614-01, and I attached a picture.

Thanks and great forum...even though I don't own a cart.

Mark

Swannanoa
New Zealand
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ControlBoard(small).jpg (48.6 KB, 7 views)
mcb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
charger, control board, textron
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO