lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2011, 08:51 PM   #11
Timdelta
Getting Wild

Tomberlin

Default Re: Battery over spill

Pro-Fill watering system is $200. I can water all 6 batteries, 4 under the back seat and two under the front seat in 30 seconds. It fills to the proper amount and has no spills. The one hose connects all the batteries together. Because it is so easy I check very often. This setup is worth the money for the time it saves and the battery life savings.
Guess it boils down to: what is your time worth and how life you may lose from under-watered batteries.
Timdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2011, 09:32 PM   #12
dougmcp
Gone Wild

The watering system is a single point fill system with all batteries manifolded using tubing. They don't allow the batteries to overflow during the charge cycle. Cost is a little high at around $200 but it would solve your overflow problem.

The OP was for batteries overflowing when charged but addressing filling:

The ketchup bottle has some merit but it's too easy to overfill your batteries.

IMO for battery filling use a battery filler that automatically stops at the correct level. They cost about $8 and look like this:

dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:46 PM   #13
kdeerman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timdelta View Post
Pro-Fill watering system is $200. I can water all 6 batteries, 4 under the back seat and two under the front seat in 30 seconds. It fills to the proper amount and has no spills. The one hose connects all the batteries together. Because it is so easy I check very often. This setup is worth the money for the time it saves and the battery life savings.
Guess it boils down to: what is your time worth and how life you may lose from under-watered batteries.
Will this work on an 8 battery system?
kdeerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:16 PM   #14
Timdelta
Getting Wild

Tomberlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeerman View Post
Will this work on an 8 battery system?
I am sure it can. I had to order a longer piece of tube to go from one set of batteries to the other. Sure is sweet not to have to open a ton of caps. I would never consider anything else again. I have gone from no system to having one, so I can speak for both.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:31 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

For you manual guys here is Scotty's easy watering system....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4472.jpg (47.7 KB, 33 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:14 AM   #16
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
For you manual guys here is Scotty's easy watering system....

Doug you are right about the ketchup bottle overfilling a bit and I like that bottle you posted. However when I bought my cart supplies it was the cheap and easy solution.
ezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:16 AM   #17
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrupiano View Post
Now that is a great idea ezgokid.
Thanks!
ezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #18
jhp1940
Not Yet Wild

I bought the water fill system that fills all the batteries at the same time. I had a neighbor here in AZ fill the batteries monthly while I was gone for 5 months during the summer. He said he tried connecting the charger too but it never turned on. This is my first electric cart so I had no clue when I left that the batteries would overflow without the charger ever turning on but they did. The neighbor I think didn't wait the 15 seconds for the charger to come on before pulling the plug out. I had battery overflow under the cart. The batteries were brand new before I left 5 months ago. Trojans.
jhp1940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:51 PM   #19
Timdelta
Getting Wild

Tomberlin

Well I guess I need to correct something. Batteries that are never recharged and someone just keeps pumping water to them, will have to spill some water. However ever with proper use, they never spill water. Might be a good idea to leave charger on a timer that comes on every now and then.
Just make sure that the neighbor doesn't fill prior to charge.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:19 PM   #20
jhp1940
Not Yet Wild

I bought the battery fill system for around $200 that has a hose connected to all the batteries in parallel that fill to a predetermined level. But the cart is parked on a slight incline too. I did turn on the charger after I returned and it went up to the 15 AMP level and after charging overnight it was down to the 5 amp level. I have a 1996 Club Car with Power drive charger. I read somewhere that the charge controller that I think is on board the cart that determines how much charge is required. I think it also will check battery voltage every 15 days if its left plugged in??
jhp1940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO