lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2011, 09:37 PM   #1
grwarner
Not Yet Wild

Question 94 ezgo marathon cart questions.

Recently received a hand me down cart in need of some TLC. I am new to carts so my knowledge is little to none. First step i took was removed batteries and charged them individually. I then replaced them and hooked up my charger to finish off the charging process. When i hooked the charger up to the cart nothing happened. Being that the cart was given to me there is a good possibility nothing on this thing works. After my failed attempt charging i went ahead and tried to run the cart on the limited charge i put in earlier. Once again nothing!! The only thing i can get the cart to do is beep when i put it into reverse. what are some things that i can do to trouble shoot to see what is bad and needs replaced. I know the information i have it not much to work with but if anyone has in suggestions i would greatly appreciate your advice. THANKS
grwarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2011, 04:07 PM   #2
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default Re: 94 ezgo marathon cart questions.

first of all for your charger to come on it will need to see about 32V on your battery pack.

when you mash the gas pedal to do hear a click (solenoid engaging)?
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If you don't already have one, you will need a multimeter. A DC voltmeter with 20 and 200DCV settings
Welcome to the madness.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:49 AM   #4
grwarner
Not Yet Wild

Thank you guys for the fast response. I check my solenoid and it doesn't seem to be making any clicking sound. Also you you mentioned i must have at least 32v before my charger will kick on. Where do i need to test this with my multimeter to find the total voltage of my pack?
grwarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:00 AM   #5
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

you check the voltage between the first positive post and the last negative post.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:31 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

All 6 batteries are connected in Series adding the voltage 6+6+6 until you reach 36v. Batteries are connected positive to negative, positive to negative...throughout the chain. Only two batteries have posts which are not connected to another battery. One is the main positive and the other is the main negative.... test for 36v or 'pack voltage' here.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO