lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2011, 07:00 AM   #1
desigmon
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Dimensions of lifted TXT

I'm just starting on my '99 TXT. I'd eventually like to add a lift. My storage shed has a door opening of 5' wd. x 6' tall. My concern is whether or not it will fit through the door. I'd like to leave the roof on the cart. Will a TXT with say a 6" lift fit inside? I know there are alot of variables here such as type of lift, tire width, angle of the ramp, etc.
desigmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2011, 07:55 AM   #2
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Dimensions of lifted TXT

The width isn't going to be an issue, but the type of Top and tire size are going to be critical in making this determination.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:14 AM   #3
desigmon
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Maybe I could get some people to post their width and height dimensions for me. If people could include their tire size also, that would be a huge help. Of course people would also need to let me know if their roof is stock height.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:22 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Measure your roof height now. Add 6" for your lift and half of the additional tire height. For example a 22 inch tire is 4 inches taller than stock but will add only 2 to the overall cart height.

P.S. 22 tires are a good choice for dcs cart with 400amp controller. They will fit with a 4" lift kit, this combo will be adding only 6" to your overall height.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:24 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigmon View Post
........angle of the ramp..........
I don't know your land/shed layout, so this may be impractical for your needs.
If the height is going to be slightly too high with cart entering at an upward angle, build a porch/deck between doorway and ramp so cart is level when it enters.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:37 AM   #6
DoorKicker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just build the cart the way you want it........and then build a BIGGER shed. And make sure your bigger shed is big enough to add any future toys you will be getting.

Thats what I did. It started with a boat shed that was 30ft long, and about 20ft high on slab. My boat was only 17ft. My wife asked why the shed was so big.........When my new boat came home with T Top and could just fit inside, she figured it out. "You have been planning on this boat all along"
Then I added a garage to one side and parked my 4wheeler inside. Again she asked why I needed ANOTHER storage room/shed??? Now two 4 wheelers, one Suzuki Sami, and a golf cart later I am wishing I had gone with a bigger garage.....

Bottom line, go big now or wish you did later :)
DoorKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #7
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My TXT on a 6" spindle lift with 22" tires measures 6'3" to the top and the front tires are about 51" all the way across.

(hey kicker, great minds think alike...my wife wanted to know why I needed a 30' boat house for our 21' boat??? When I came home with a 27', she said the same thing...it was all part of the maser plan!!)

I like the bigger shed idea!!
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:31 AM   #8
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorKicker View Post
"You have been planning on this boat all along"
Maybe that's why mine keeps balking at me building a 50' shed for the 24' pontoon.......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:50 PM   #9
desigmon
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Measure your roof height now. Add 6" for your lift and half of the additional tire height. For example a 22 inch tire is 4 inches taller than stock but will add only 2 to the overall cart height.

P.S. 22 tires are a good choice for dcs cart with 400amp controller. They will fit with a 4" lift kit, this combo will be adding only 6" to your overall height.
It's kinda hard to find a 4" lift for my year cart ('99). I've seen them for '89 to '94 models. I've seen 5" lifts for my model, but not 4". I wonder why it is so hard to find a 4" drop axle lift for '94 to '01? Why would they offer a 5" and 6" but not a 4". Looks like they'd get more business if they did 4" and 6" and forget about 5".
Old 07-30-2011, 11:40 AM   #10
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Not sure, pretty strange, 6" seems to be the most popular, and the least expensive. I was originally going with a 4 or 5 but figured screw it and went with the 6 and saved some coin. I am pleased with how it came out, but it is over 6 feet tall for sure!
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO