lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2011, 11:21 AM   #31
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2003 TXT Steering rattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowslayer View Post
I finally got time to look more closely at mine. I found that the top U-joint on the intermediate steering shaft was sloppy and there is slack in the steering box itself too. I just ordered both so hopefully it will be quiet when installed. Kinda defeats the purpose of having an electric cart for hunting when you cart bangs and rattles every bump you hit.
Bowslayer, just checking to see if the parts had come in yet...
LizardLeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2011, 12:37 PM   #32
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Not yet but I should have them today. I think 75 percent of my rattle is colming from the steering shaft but I went ahead and ordered the steering box too.
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:01 PM   #33
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

Bowslayer, please keep all of us other hunting buggie guys in the loop - it's appreciated!
Old 08-17-2011, 04:22 PM   #34
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardLeg View Post
Bowslayer, please keep all of us other hunting buggie guys in the loop - it's appreciated!
You bet I will. I just tracked the parts on UPS and they will not be here until tomorrow. My plan is to install the steering shaft first and see if that takes care of the rattle and if not, I'll install the box too.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:59 PM   #35
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sounds like a winner!
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:16 PM   #36
BeerBuggy
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Youve got us all on the edge of our seats... no rush! LOL
BeerBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #37
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

Old 08-18-2011, 05:08 PM   #38
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Well I got the parts in today, kinda. I ordered the complete steering shaft and what they sent me was just the 2 ends of the shaft with the U-joints in them. I thought what the heck, I'll just replace the joints and it will be good. Problem is that the ends on the stock shaft are welded in place and do not come off the shaft. I'm beginning to think I GOT the shaft! I have an email into the place where I bought it to see what they are going to do about it. I'm not sure what these shaft ends are for but they are useless to me.

However, I did go ahead and install the steering box and 95% of my front end rattle went away. I was really surprised. Hopefully I can just send back these useless joints for a refund but if they send the rest of the shaft I will go ahead and install it.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:16 PM   #39
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

That's awesome. I am gonna have to look into this once my cart becomes a roller. All I need is 4 ubolts and my motor back!!! And I need to ship my controller back to Scotty.
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:07 PM   #40
hunter72
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: 2003 TXT Steering rattle

My ez go txt 2007 had the same rattle in the steering. the rattle was coming from underneath and traveling through the steering column. I placed a greese fitting in the flat ehnd of alumnium steering box (towards the drivers front tire) and filled steering box withe greese. i also took a greese needle on the end of greese gun and filled rubber boot on the steering shaft between the steering column and the steering box. THE RATTLE IS GONE. This could have been preventes if ez go would have placed a greese fitting on the steering box. Hope this helps others.
hunter72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO