lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
juleshockey6
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default radio issue

hey guys....i got a new fuse for my radio.....but i had to buy a new battery(used) which the radio is connected to because one cracked....now when i push the pedal ..the radio turns off....you guys think i should switch the batteries from the left to the right? or would that not do anything
juleshockey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #2
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: radio issue

We need pictures of you cart. you have something going on that is not connected right.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by juleshockey6 View Post
hey guys....i got a new fuse for my radio.....but i had to buy a new battery(used) which the radio is connected to because one cracked....now when i push the pedal ..the radio turns off....you guys think i should switch the batteries from the left to the right? or would that not do anything
Is the radio hooked up to one battery? If so, I cant believe it turned on in the first place.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...dio-broke.html

I still think you might need new batts and a reducer. What kind of budget do you have for this project?
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:19 PM   #4
juleshockey6
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

ill post a pic
Old 11-17-2011, 09:43 PM   #5
juleshockey6
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-11-17 13.21.43.jpg (85.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-11-17 13.21.48.jpg (99.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-11-17 13.22.49.jpg (62.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-11-17 13.20.39.jpg (108.4 KB, 21 views)
Old 11-17-2011, 09:43 PM   #6
juleshockey6
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

the trojan is the older one
Old 11-17-2011, 10:39 PM   #7
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You have a lot of spliced wires which I am sure is a big portion of your problem.

Look at how large the RED wire is on the right side of the fuse holder. Then look how small it gets going to the Blue Butt connector then it turns black and gets even smaller. It should be a good 12-14 gauge wire to the accessories it is powering. IE the Lights and Radio. You have what looks like bare wire coming off of Spade Connectors and a bunch of Blue butt connectors. All that needs to be redone in my opinion and I bet the cart would be easier to trouble shoot. It looks like someone just hacked it up with some dyke's or sniper's and pieced it all back together. Wire doesn't like moisture and it should be done with Heat Shrink connectors or use liquid electrical tape to seal stuff up after you clean it up. You should never have 3 splices in a 10 inch section of wire. One maybe but not 2 or 3.

I am sorry if it comes off preachy but you have allot of work to do before worrying about the radio IMHO.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #8
juleshockey6
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

what is this(the radio pull switch like the headlights) yes that is a positive terminal....yes its a negitive post..you have them right... and yes it is going from a positive to a negitive
Old 11-18-2011, 01:11 PM   #9
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So have you put a volt meter on that white wire to see if you have 12 volts when the switch is pulled. Your batteries are connected right for 12 volts. Don't have anything going to the F/R switch that runs lights or Radio and make sure those 2 black wires off the ground go to the lights and radio. Don't use the frame as a ground like you would with a car.

Clean up all those splices and you should be in good shape barring some bad switch. The digital multi tester is your best friend with an electrical cart. If you can get to the back of the radio undo the harness and check your power and ground wire there for 12 volts with the meter as well. If you have power to that point the radio is fried.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #10
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

Did the "custom builder" do the wiring in it? The wiring isn't very good, and if the radio is shutting down the batteries might be bad. please answer these questions so we can try to find out whats wrong.
How often is it charged?
Do you let the batteries run out of charge?
Do you fill the with distilled water?
How old are they?
Do you clean the connections of corrosion?
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO