lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
SenatorPerry
Not Yet Wild

Default Too many close calls... Need for a Camera

This afternoon an individual traveling behind me in a 35 MPH zone decided to drive extremely close to my bumper and then blow the horn multiple times. This is a four lane road where they could pass me without issues...

I was wondering if anyone had considered or knew of a system that would continuously record video backwards and forwards. Then if I don't hit the save button or it loses power it will overwrites the video with future video.

My thinking is that it is time to start posting videos of abusive drivers to public forums on the local newspaper and also provide the videos to the police. This is in South Carolina on a licensed, registered, and insured cart with headlights, brake lights, and turn signals.

Personally it felt no different than assault with the ability to kill.
SenatorPerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2011, 06:33 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Too many close calls... Need for a Camera

Me thinks you may be just a little too self righteous,
yes there are rude drivers and shoppers.
Will you clip a camera on your shopping cart?
Will you take videos of people speaking loudly on their cell phones.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:54 PM   #3
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

Do you have a number plate, plaque, or some other identification on your cart as it being street legal? If people could see the registration they may not become as furious. Also, personally I don't get how it isn't safe to go over 25 in a 4 wheel golf cart, but 80 mph in a 2 wheel motorbike is fine. I wish they would at least let carts go 35 mph so they can reach the limit.
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:15 PM   #4
SenatorPerry
Not Yet Wild

It is on the front window, but the carts are common in Newberry, SC. I think my original post may have been out of frustration. Still, I think there is a clear difference between a person that accidentally doesn't see me and one that clearly is threatening the lives of my family.

I posted this in the repair and troubleshooting hoping that someone had wired a backup camera to their cart and a modification of that setup would work. Now I am thinking the philosophy should be to grab a small digital camera to leave in the cart. It would bypass the power needs...

Thanks for the responses and keeping me level headed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary Golf Carts View Post
Do you have a number plate, plaque, or some other identification on your cart as it being street legal? If people could see the registration they may not become as furious. Also, personally I don't get how it isn't safe to go over 25 in a 4 wheel golf cart, but 80 mph in a 2 wheel motorbike is fine. I wish they would at least let carts go 35 mph so they can reach the limit.
SenatorPerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #5
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Look at the GoPro cameras. Pep boys sells them as do many other shops. I use mine for camping and racing. They are also water proof to like 50 feet. Standard and HD fish eye lens available.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:37 PM   #6
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenatorPerry View Post
It is on the front window, but the carts are common in Newberry, SC.
I think you should get a standard issue automotive registration plate for the rear. I have also been around the villages and some carts have plaques about the size of a number plate that say street legal or something to that extent. I really think some owners of street legal carts should petition to raise the top speed, honestly 35 mph would actually be safer because there would be less queuing up down the street from slow moving traffic and a lower number of dangerous passing maneuvers.
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO