lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2011, 09:04 PM   #11
yellj
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Allsport Lift

Thanks again, will give it a try. I got the 6" A-Arm lift, are all the rear kits the super sport?
yellj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2011, 09:25 AM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellj View Post
Thanks again, will give it a try. I got the 6" A-Arm lift, are all the rear kits the super sport?
All the Precedent kits are. I don't know about DS because we don't use All-Sports kits on DS cars. We use the OEM lift kit.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:42 PM   #13
yellj
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Finished the lift, good kit, awful instructions. Kind of a shame with such a good kit they don't take 2 hours and put some decent instructions together with pics. I did not put new rear leaf springs as I have no intention of putting a rear seat. I must have been one of the lucky ones, did not need to flip brakes or use longer cable. Just slid the brake line clip up an inch, had plenty of play. Next up install the new body (OEM Black) and trailer hitch. Thanks for all the all help
Old 12-18-2011, 07:22 PM   #14
wobblez
Not Yet Wild

I do not understand! Going to install a trailer hitch but not HD springs as you have no intention of putting a rear seat on. so the trailer hitch is just for show?

Quote:
Finished the lift, good kit, awful instructions. Kind of a shame with such a good kit they don't take 2 hours and put some decent instructions together with pics. I did not put new rear leaf springs as I have no intention of putting a rear seat. I must have been one of the lucky ones, did not need to flip brakes or use longer cable. Just slid the brake line clip up an inch, had plenty of play. Next up install the new body (OEM Black) and trailer hitch. Thanks for all the all help
wobblez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:20 PM   #15
yellj
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

It is a trailer with 4 wheels, so no tongue weight http://www.atvwagon.com/1600uhero.html
the trailer will be used to haul firewood to the fire pit. 95 percent of the time it will be just me. We have several carts in the neighborhood, with rear seats, literally have never seen anyone use them
Old 12-19-2011, 09:20 AM   #16
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Good deal. The reason why you were able to use your stock cable is because you didn't change your springs. The small difference in ride height is what allows you to be able to do that. Keep an eye on it though, as the suspension articulates you may feel a pulse in the pedal as it pulls the cables tight when the drive unit rolls backwards.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:44 AM   #17
yellj
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks Dave, the other thing is this cart probably only is really only used on weekends at the lake, probably driven less than 2 hours a week. Will keep an eye on the brakes though, would hate for it to be going down the hill and end up in the wate :)
Old 12-22-2011, 12:24 AM   #18
petercook
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
It's not a MUST but it's easy.. I've changed a little bit about the way these kits go on the rear to keep you from having to do that. About 6-8 months ago the Precedent kits started to come with the "Super Sport" rear lift. Ever since then I've been able to lift the rear of these vehicles and keep the original cables in-tact. Here's what you do. Install the lift kit as follows, from top to bottom,.. Plate with shock mount tab, heavy duty spring, original shock mount plate with brake cable mount, spring perch, axle tube, with the square plate on the bottom. I put a 5-16" bolt through the square plate to make it seat into the original spring perch to keep it from twisting. You'll want to cut the old Shock mount off of the original shock mount plate to allow the shock to fit onto the new one. I'll get a pic of this tomorrow and post it. As for the brakes, remove the axle from each side of the drive unit, un-bolt the brake clusters and swap them to the other side, and flip them upside down. This will put the brake slide mechanism at the top of the cluster rather than at the bottom. Bolt them up and re-install the axles. The new location of the brake cable mounting tab lines up PERFECTLY with the new location of the brake cable slides. This keeps a factory pedal feel and it also keeps the brake cables from hanging so low and reduces the risk of snagging them on something
QUESTION? i have a 89 club car that i made my own lift for, on the spring that runs across on front i put blocks w support arms runing back up to frame, when i done this the tires are toed in at the bottom an the top seems to be where they need to be any suggestions on how to fix this? looks like the spring needs to be longer to bring bottom out where it needs to be. or do i need to buy the a-arm kit. [ at the time these lifts were $450 i didnt have the $ to do it]
petercook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:08 AM   #19
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by petercook View Post
QUESTION? i have a 89 club car that i made my own lift for, on the spring that runs across on front i put blocks w support arms runing back up to frame, when i done this the tires are toed in at the bottom an the top seems to be where they need to be any suggestions on how to fix this? looks like the spring needs to be longer to bring bottom out where it needs to be. or do i need to buy the a-arm kit. [ at the time these lifts were $450 i didnt have the $ to do it]
Strange things happen when one messes with the geometry of a suspension/steering system . . . someone may be able to give direction . . . any pics of what you are describing?
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:30 PM   #20
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

A different length spring would be your answer. Only downfall is that Club Car doesn't make but one length front spring.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car