lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
archer161
Not Yet Wild

Default Need help with wheels!!

Ok, I was thinking tires and wheels was going to be the simple part of building my cart, but after reading on here I'm confused!!! I have a 2007 Ezgo TXT PDS cart and making it into a hunting cart, it will have mud tires on it!! I know I want to go with 23" tires if possible, because they are not to tall and will keep my torque and speed good with the two speed axle 4x4 kit I'm going with. My big question is what offset do I need or do I even did to worry about offset and just us spacers??? If I get the right offset then do I need spacers?? If I get spacers do I need longer lug bolts???
archer161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2012, 06:30 PM   #2
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need help with wheels!!

I wouldnt even worry about any of that crap. Just find you a nice wheel/tire package from one of the sit sponsors and mount them up:thumup:
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
archer161
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltf1991 View Post
I wouldnt even worry about any of that crap. Just find you a nice wheel/tire package from one of the sit sponsors and mount them up:thumup:
So I just buy a set of tires and wheels!! I was sure after reading several posts about tires not fitting or bottoming out!! Then having to get spacers because front tires sticking out further then the rear tires do, that it would be a little more to it then just buying a set of tires and wheels!!!????
Old 01-10-2012, 08:15 PM   #4
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Most fronts do stick out more than the rears. Just the nature of the beast. I just bought a set, and mine are perfect front to back, and all 4 wheels are the same.(on my dropped ezgo)
Old 01-10-2012, 10:49 PM   #5
archer161
Not Yet Wild

Well, I was hoping to find out what would be the best off set to buy or as you say just get a set of wheels and then worry about what size spacers to buy!! I found out by looking at 10" rims and 12" rims they have different off sets and with that being said which one would be the better one to buy???
Old 01-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #6
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

if you want to avoid a spacer in the rear then get 2 stock and two with the offset. I would ask the 4x4 vendor what his kit does.
The offset will give them the deep dish look. It should make the stance look more even.
Until you get your kit installed there is no real way to say if you need off set or not.
Most spindle lifts kick the front rims out so that is why they look off. stock rims sit even with a non lifted cart. your are doing a 4x4 kit so install it or ask the manufacturer if it bumps the front wheels out.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #7
archer161
Not Yet Wild

Thinks, Spawn that was helpful!!
Old 01-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #8
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

archer, you might check with the member here who recently finished his 4x4. can't remember his name tirht now , but a search should find it.
found it-shopdog39702
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #9
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Its a different kit that Archer is going with. Not sure as far as the wheel mounts tho....
Old 01-11-2012, 10:39 PM   #10
archer161
Not Yet Wild

Yes it is a different kit, but I think it uses the same front end. My main question and what I was wanting to find out was maybe find the right off set or wheels size if they make them were I would not have to use spacers!!! If can't get them then I know I will need spacers and then which ones will I need???
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO