lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2012, 09:53 AM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Costco GC2 6 Volt Cart Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff View Post
FYI...iv'e bought Sams club batts for years. The first set went 5 yrs. This last set has stated to pass away at 3. I play 3-4 times a week. When im done the batts are way low! I do agree you get what you pay for,,but all in all iv'e had pretty good luck with cheap batts. I do take good care of them! JohnnieB has great ifo on batts. The next set i buy this spring i'm going to do the breakin procedure and see how my better service i get out of them My old "toaster oven" just keeps going and going. This is just my 2 cents worth!
If you put in good batteries, they'd probably burn out the coils in your toaster oven.

Just kidding.

Personally, I believe how you treat your batteries while driving and proper charging/maintenance is more important than the name on the label, where they were purchased or what was paid for them. For a given voltage, the heavier (more lead) the battery, the greater the storage capacity, but other than that, I'm not sure if the subtle differences in the battery designs from the different manufacturers warrant the not-so-subtle difference in prices.

For example, If I can get a set of 250AH (70 Lb) batteries setting in my cart for about the same price as a set of T-105 (225 AH 62 lb), I'll go with the heavier batteries with less name recognition, or go with a battery in the same class as a T-105 for less money. Either way, it'll be an informed decision.

The tricky part is that the discount stores often sell the lower ampacity/ lighter weight batteries (180-200AH), which end up being used harder than the more typical 225AH stock batteries, so they don't last as long.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2012, 07:43 AM   #22
stuff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Costco GC2 6 Volt Cart Batteries

There it is! I totally agree. I got a used Interstate replacement batt. and it is several pounds heavier than the Sam batts. But on the positive side i could always toast my bread with heavier batts...have a little mini picnic...just put in new coils. Thanks JohnnieB :
stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO