lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #11
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Any Other Options For The Awful Screeming Buzzer?

Chip the buzzer on mine is 6 or 12v. If it's continuous on/off and 12v, that would work just fine. Try it out and tell us what you think.
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #12
Chipster27
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonkulor View Post
Chip the buzzer on mine is 6 or 12v. If it's continuous on/off and 12v, that would work just fine. Try it out and tell us what you think.
Funny you just posted this. I went out to my cart and was going to take a meter to the buzzer, then realized I had to pull the dash and that's an task I just don't feel like embarking on at 7a, LOL.
I found that chime for around $20, no big loss if it doesn't work out. I'll probably spill more than $20 worth of beer this weekend

Here's what I found:
http://www.floydbell.com/products/sp...9-525-Q%28F%29
I found one on eBay for $19 with free shipping
Continuos sound as long as power is applied
Chime tone - link above has a sound bite of the audible
Fast chime
Blade terminals so it should be easy to pull the old buzzer and plug this in without any wiring/electrical knowledge necessary.
Chipster27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #13
Chipster27
Getting Wild

Last edited by Chipster27; 02-10-2012 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: Duplicate post
Old 02-10-2012, 10:37 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Here is a panel mounted single shot chime type with a volume control (Mechanical shutter type)
http://www.floydbell.com/products/sp...9-525-W%28S%29

On a PDS cart, one side of the beeper is connected to B+ and the other side is connected to J1-Pin 10 of the controller. The beeper sounds when Pin-10 goes low. (Provides current path back to B-)

Since Pin-10 is a current sink rather than a current source, it should operate at lower voltages and run low current beepers/chimes down to around 5V or so. Of course, you'll have to add resistors or something in series with the piezoelectric device to reduce the applied voltage to whatever the device is rated for.

Adding resistance in series with the stock beeper will also tone it down, but a foam earplug and a piece of tape are easier for most people.

Also, check your local and state laws before tampering with safety devices. (Look at both criminal and tort law)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipster27 View Post
Kind of what I was thinking. The one I posted above appears to produce audible as long as power is supplied. The problem is that it's 12vdc and I'm sure the buzzer on a cart is 36/48 vdc. You could remedy this with a relay and a 12vdc source. I might do it just to be different :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Add two 12V zener diodes in series with it on a 36V system or three on a 48V.
Or use light bulbs instead of zeners. That way you would have a visual alarm also.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #16
Chipster27
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Here is a panel mounted single shot chime type with a volume control (Mechanical shutter type)
http://www.floydbell.com/products/sp...9-525-W%28S%29
A single shot will only chime once, correct? I would think you would want it to chime as long as the switch is in the "R" position. My problem is that I put it in "R", then start talking with friends and forget it's in reverse (alcohol might be a contributing factor). Then when I step on the pedal it goes backwards instead of forward!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Add two 12V zener diodes in series with it on a 36V system or three on a 48V.
Or use light bulbs instead of zeners. That way you would have a visual alarm also.
I thought about the visual, Floyds has a lighted panel mount piezo but it's only available in a warning/nuclear attack audible, which defeats the purpose of the chime

I just checked the voltage on my Precedent, and it's 16VDC to the buzzer. The 09-525 chime is rated 5-25VDC so it's the perfect application
Old 02-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #17
Chipster27
Getting Wild

Deleted - Duplicate
Old 02-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #18
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Quote:
A single shot will only chime once, correct? I would think you would want it to chime as long as the switch is in the "R" position. My problem is that I put it in "R", then start talking with friends and forget it's in reverse (alcohol might be a contributing factor). Then when I step on the pedal it goes backwards instead of forward!

I thought about the visual, Floyds has a lighted panel mount piezo but it's only available in a warning/nuclear attack audible, which defeats the purpose of the chime

I just checked the voltage on my Precedent, and it's 16VDC to the buzzer. The 09-525 chime is rated 5-25VDC so it's the perfect application
I think you need a LOUDER buzzer then, not quieter Or like JohnnieB suggested add some visual aids.
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
A single shot will only chime once, but it chimes once each time voltage is applied and the controller is what pulses the beeper on and off.

I'm not sure what the recovery/recycle time is, but I'd guess you'd at least get every other beep, if not every one.

If I could find one that played "La Cucaracha", I might install it.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #20
Chipster27
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonkulor View Post
I think you need a LOUDER buzzer then, not quieter Or like JohnnieB suggested add some visual aids.
I need one that sounds like police sirens or a beer opening. Both of those seem to get my attention

Tags
chime reverse
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO