lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2013, 11:43 AM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: In forward goes reverse

What I mean by user friendly in a diagram is it easily understood. Easy to read? Easy to follow a wire from origin to end point? THe diagram you posted made me look like this
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #22
nobogez42
Gone Wild
Club Car

Here are 2 threads where Tahoedawg helped me with similar problems.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...r-install.html
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-wiring-2.html

In both instances I had marked wires,and put them back just as they were before.
nobogez42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:15 PM   #23
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
What I mean by user friendly in a diagram is it easily understood. Easy to read? Easy to follow a wire from origin to end point? THe diagram you posted made me look like this

Ok I can understand what you mean, if I was doing the individual wires myself!! That one is more user friendly. But I was more or less just plug and play with the new harness. And mine confirmed where everything was to plug in. Only it didn't play!!! Everything plugged in properly! It just doesn't want to play. The more I am into this, the more I think I have a bad controller and that is THINK being the main word. Back in another world I was an Navy Aviation Electronics Tech. Anybody remember tube theory? Yes that long ago!! But this one is new to me. Not sure what goes on in that black box. I changed a LOT of black boxes back then too!!

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:21 PM   #24
cmalberto
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartTrader View Post
Nope Cannot wire a resistor backwards! They are omni-directional. Now diodes can be wired backwards.

CartTrader
Yeap - it was the diodes that I was thinking of. Good to know on the Solenoid.
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:23 PM   #25
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobogez42 View Post
Here are 2 threads where Tahoedawg helped me with similar problems.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...r-install.html
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-wiring-2.html

In both instances I had marked wires,and put them back just as they were before.
That would be so ...only in my case in forward, the buzzer sounds, and it goes in reverse.....In reverse, no buzzer, BUT it still goes in reverse!! There is no forward!!

One thing I didn't say was that when I first tried to get it to move NOTHING happened> went back over wiring and found that the OBC connection wasn't quite connected all the way. The lock wasn't engaged and the same was true on the 2 pin connector on the Mcor. After that the wheels would move but only in reverse no matter where the switch was, other than neutral.

CartTrader
Old 06-30-2013, 01:02 PM   #26
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just for GP I switched F1 and F2 (after switching to tow) Buzzer still sound in forward and not reverse...BUT... no movement at all... solenoid clicks but that is it. Switched back and same thing again. Reverse in both forward and reverse.

CartTrader
Old 06-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #27
lowvolts
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
???

I didn't say anything about a resistor or diodes wired backwards!, not all solenoids have a resistor and diodes, they should in my book, but not all do. I said, you can't wire a solenoid backwards, as in the positive +, and negative - small wires, and the two high current cables, DC voltage solenoids are not polarity sensitive
I would agree with you except some solenoids have build in diodes then they are one way
lowvolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #28
lowvolts
Not Yet Wild

my guess would be the f/r switch wiring one is hot the other two need to be NO if one is wired NC then both will work at once and Im not sure what the controller would do first.
lowvolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:28 PM   #29
nobogez42
Gone Wild
Club Car

I would eliminate the possibility of a bad F/R switch by jumping each of the outside wires to the center one as Tahoedawg had me do in one of the threads I posted for you.
nobogez42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:42 PM   #30
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobogez42 View Post
I would eliminate the possibility of a bad F/R switch by jumping each of the outside wires to the center one as Tahoedawg had me do in one of the threads I posted for you.
Ok tried jumping wires. Orange being the center wire....Orange to blue....buzzer sounds and goes in reverse.....Orange to Brown..... no buzzer and still goes in reverse. Just the same as when using the switch.

CartTrader
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car