lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #1
kenacp
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Question on slow speed?

Finishing up a rebuild on a stock 03 CC IQ. Upgraded 2ga wires,lift with 22" tires,Alltrax 500 with HD sol., (from Scotty B.),stock motor for now with new T875 batts(52.5vts).
Before with the old batteries, and all stock components , I was doing about 13mph with little torque. Now with all the upgrades,I am only getting 7.5mph and more torque. I know the batteries need to be broken in, but 7.5 mph... Any thoughts?? Thanks
kenacp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2013, 08:45 AM   #2
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Question on slow speed?

Battery break-in is only for capacity (run time), not voltage. It's the voltage that gives you speed. Something is wrong with top speed 7 mph and unless you have a bad connection (any cable end getting hot?) then you have Alltrax programming issues. Need to get a laptop on it and see what the settings are.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:05 PM   #3
kenacp
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the reply Sportcoupe. I have been checking to see if I can detect any heat indicating a bad connection,but none. I think that maybe I should put the cart up on blocks and check voltage at the motor and controller with the petal depressed????Wish I had the know how to put it on a laptop to see if it is a program error.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: Question on slow speed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenacp View Post
Thanks for the reply Sportcoupe. I have been checking to see if I can detect any heat indicating a bad connection,but none. I think that maybe I should put the cart up on blocks and check voltage at the motor and controller with the petal depressed????Wish I had the know how to put it on a laptop to see if it is a program error.
Go to the Alltrax page and it's in there how to do it. Its not that hard. U just need a cable to hook up to it.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

We are assuming your Alltrax is the programmable type, not all are.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:33 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I believe all 500 a models are programmable. It would be helpful to see if unchecking 1/2 speed reverse fixes your problem... by any chance is your F&R rocker switch operation reversed from previous operation?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:59 PM   #7
kenacp
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the replies. The controller is a new DCX 500. My print-out of the settings show top speed at 100% and 1/2 speed reverse. F & R switch is not reversed. I'll see if I can locate a cable to see if I can redo the settings. In the mean time, any other ideas on what to check?
Old 12-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The reason I asked about the forward and reverse switch is because the controller does have a half speed reverse option. Half speed reverse is the default setting.
Below is the wiring diagram for the DCX install in the club car IQ. Power to pin number 16 would activate the one half speed. You might check and see if there is power to pin 16 when you are in forward.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CC IQ.JPG (239.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #9
kenacp
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks Scotty. I will try to check on that tonight. Can I check with the F&R switch in F with the cart static(not moving or should I put it up on blocks a depress the petal)?

Last edited by kenacp; 12-23-2013 at 09:04 AM.. Reason: addition
Old 12-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Test with the cart on blocks for safety - you should have power at pin 16 in reverse only, not in forward.

PS
Simply deselecting the 1/2 speed reverse option in the controller program may be another fix.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car