lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2019, 05:53 PM   #1
Karen's ride
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default life after storage

We left our 2008 RXV golf cart unattended for six months. What will I have to do to bring it back to life when we return home? It is stored inside so no uninvited guests will have moved into it and the year-old batteries are disconnected.
Karen's ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2019, 07:01 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: life after storage

well if you are lucky....all you will need to do is buy a new set of batteries. but before you do.....top off the batteries with distilled water and charge them.....you will need to charge them up one at a time until you can reconnect them so that the normal charger will turn on. most likely they won't hold a charge for as long as normal, but you will be able to fire up your cart and check everything out.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 07:12 PM   #3
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I would think if the batteries were fully charged before you disconnected them then all you should have to do is check the water level to make sure it is just above the plates, reconnect them and plug in the charger.
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 07:24 PM   #4
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtools View Post
I would think if the batteries were fully charged before you disconnected them then all you should have to do is check the water level to make sure it is just above the plates, reconnect them and plug in the charger.
Being as how I’m the king of neglect... I know things... and I’m betting this is the case
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 07:41 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Never, ever, ever "top off" discharged batteries BEFORE charging them. If fluid level is low, fill just enough to cover the tops of the plate dividers. If you "top them off" they are sure to spit acid fluid out the top as they charge, all over your cart & your floor. You only set the fluid levels AFTER a full charge!

Also, it may not be as grim a situation as Nuke says.. if they were disconnected before leaving, they may be ready for a fluid check, reconnect & charge.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 06:47 PM   #6
Karen's ride
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, we appreciate the input. I now know what to be prepared for.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:55 PM   #7
Karen's ride
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

UPDATE:
We arrived in Yuma, got out the trusty voltage tester and were so pleased to find a charge of 48.6 volts in the batteries after 6 months of just sitting. I reconnected the negative lead and drove off into the sunset. HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY!

Thanks for all your ideas and input!
Old 10-21-2019, 09:10 PM   #8
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen's ride View Post
UPDATE:
We arrived in Yuma, got out the trusty voltage tester and were so pleased to find a charge of 48.6 volts in the batteries after 6 months of just sitting. I reconnected the negative lead and drove off into the sunset. HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY!

Thanks for all your ideas and input!
They are in dire need of charging though as 48.6 is only about 55 % state of charge...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO