lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2019, 09:58 PM   #1
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Dpi 36 volt charger question

Anyone know what the fuse rating is on the fuse on the ac board at the rear of a dpi gen 4 charger? It is a solder on with an AGR marking but no amperage. Mine took a dive and not only broke the twistlock connector on the front but blew the ac board fuse in the process. Found the pins on the board associated with the fuse and plan on soldering one on the board.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2019, 10:29 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Dpi 36 volt charger question

There ought to be the AC amp draw on the label on the back.

My Gen-III DPI says 10A AC, so a 15A to 20A fuse would probably be about right.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 07:20 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Dpi 36 volt charger question

Update. Charger back up and running. Probably not DPI approved but out of warranty. Soldered a wire through the circuit board on each side of the original board mounted fuse, put a 1/4 in spade connector on each and put each lug on a fuse lug. Cheap fuse holder. Charger cord cut and installed 1/4 connectors on white and black and plugged into the board. Put it together good enough to test and works just fine

Also for knowledge I replaced the fuse with my ammeter and pulled 7.5 amps AC at 18 amps 36 volts DC so used a 15 amp fuse.

Pics below.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO