lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2019, 05:47 PM   #1
Irydslow
Not Yet Wild

Default Turning Radius Question

So I bought a 2015 RXV and proceeded to perform some upgrades. I put on a Madjax 6" Double A-Arm lift kit with 23" tires. I performed all the required alignments as indicated in instructions and I was disappointed with the turning radius. Is this because of the lift kit or is there some type of adjustment that can be preformed. I can live with it if need be but just wasn't sure if there was something that can be done. Thank you kindly for any help you may be provide.
Thank You
Irydslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-13-2019, 05:57 PM   #2
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Turning Radius Question

I have always found that any cart I have had with a lift had a much wider turning radius than a stock cart. I always had to do a 3 point turn at end of my driveway when I drove my lifted cart. Stock I can swing around no problem.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 08:13 PM   #3
Irydslow
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf cart man View Post
I have always found that any cart I have had with a lift had a much wider turning radius than a stock cart. I always had to do a 3 point turn at end of my driveway when I drove my lifted cart. Stock I can swing around no problem.
Ok, thank you for the response. I thought that was going to be the case after looking at all the components to the lift kit. I guess it will be good practice for my 3 point turns!
Irydslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:27 AM   #4
agpfl
Wild Gone

E-Z-GO

Different lift kits will give different results. I installed that same lift kit and had the same results. Its because the stance is narrower and there is not enough room to turn the wheels any more without hitting the frame. I think it was the Jake's long travel that produced a close to stock turning radius.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
agpfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 04:22 PM   #5
Lowcountrygamecock
Not Yet Wild

My turning radius on my 97 is awful but I'm getting ready to sell and upgrade so I'm not too worried about it.
Lowcountrygamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:49 AM   #6
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

On the A-arm lift kits I've worked on, if the bottom heim joint is screwed all the way in, turning radius is terrible. I think I had it 5-6 threads out then adjusted the top one for camber and did the toe adjustments and got much better turning radius after. But it's still not close to a non lifted cart.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO