lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2009, 09:34 AM   #1
desertratiw
Not Yet Wild

Question Power Interruption 48V

Having serious power interruption problems, and the cart is not reliable at this time. Sometimes goes, but power interruptions occur frequently (and of course at the worst of times!). I can feel hesitations when it is running while the accelerator is held at a constant level, and suddenly it will just slow to a stop with no change in the pedal. Sometimes it will re-accelerate, but usually is "jerky" when it does.

I have read a thread that sounds like it might be microswitches, or maybe the controller? I have a wiring diagram from the forum, but not a manual yet.

My cart is basically a club car DS serial number, A9652-550179. It was built by Larson Golf Cars of La Quinta, CA (now out of business) on a 1996 frame with a custom body - they called it a Lynx model.

Any help is appreciated.
desertratiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2009, 09:37 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Power Interruption 48V

Where is the throttle indicating device? IT is a black box under the floor, connected to the gas peddle linkage, either on the passenger side (MCOR) or the driver's side (potentiometer)? This sounds like the problem might be with it? Is the controller & motor stock?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:22 AM   #3
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Bump
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #4
desertratiw
Not Yet Wild

Scottyb, I think I sent a reply without completing my note, so here goes again. I am somewhat embarrased to report that my problem which was noted in my original post was fixed when the cart service tech put air in all my tires! He said the air pressure was so low, that it was causing a drag on the motor and transmission and heating up to the point where it would stop until it cooled off sufficiently.

Well, here I am about 1 year later, with the same issue, but with fully inflated tires. I looked under my cart, and the throttle indicating device is under the driver's side, as you described it, a little black box.

Any idea what kind of cost to expect if this is the source of my problem? I will be having a cart technician check it out, as I also have a recurring wiring problem that periodically keeps my headlights from working. Thought I will just have them take care of both at the same time.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Regards.
desertratiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if thats the pot i think it is i don,t think you can buy it anymore but scotty or david might know for sure....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller, microswitch, power
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car