lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2008, 09:35 PM   #21
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Question on Adding Battery

We add 12v marines to run accessories on some custom electrics we build. Better safe than sorry. I say it's better to drive home in the dark and without music, than to push it home without lights and music! We use a waterproof battery tender to charge the 12v battery - they cost around $45.00.

My 2 cents...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2008, 09:45 PM   #22
MotoRider420
Gone Wild

Cool Re: Question on Adding Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Moto, 300 amps through a 4g cable is one thing. 25 amps through a 20g wire is a meltdown, plain and simple. Your info is wrong.
WELL, my car has 4 neon tubes running on a small wire, and a 25amp fuse, I also have two headlight strobes connected to the circuit and EVRYTHING is fine, I have wired over 5 vehicles with neon, used 25amp fuses, and watched a master mechanic with 30 years of expierence do the same thing, that neon needs to be on its own circuit, your not supposed to run it along with the headlights, you can have the same ground, but not the same power wire...
MotoRider420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:02 AM   #23
MotoRider420
Gone Wild

GORNO,

you misunderstood me, I said you need a 25amp fuse, not that you'll actually run 25amps... its just that neon is very touchy, and it is succeptable to power fluctations... His headlights could spike the neon, or the other way around, two power wires couldn't hurt, the headlights should of come with their own wirring harnesses, and the neon came with its own wires...

Besides, everyone knows that by the time you blow a fuse in your car, whatever it was protecting is most likely blown too, the fuses are there to prevent, and I quote you, "meltdowns"...

Yeah, didn't mean to argue, I didn't realize you misunderstood my statement, sorry, I must of misunderstood your answer at first...
Old 04-09-2008, 01:44 PM   #24
kbeebe
Not Yet Wild

Not a good idea to run another battery off the charger. I suggest you get a 12V battery with a 12V charger and run the accessories that way. Should be able to pick everything up at Wal Mart including the wiring for less than 100.00

Kevin
kbeebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:16 PM   #25
Ronman
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeebe View Post
Not a good idea to run another battery off the charger. I suggest you get a 12V battery with a 12V charger and run the accessories that way. Should be able to pick everything up at Wal Mart including the wiring for less than 100.00

Kevin
Like I said back on page 1
Ronman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:23 PM   #26
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoRider420 View Post
Besides, everyone knows that by the time you blow a fuse in your car, whatever it was protecting is most likely blown too, the fuses are there to prevent, and I quote you, "meltdowns"...
This is also wrong. The fuse is there to PROTECT the device AND the circuitry. You continue to make mistakes with your logic. This will lead to electrical failures and dangerous situations. I am not arguing, I am simply correcting the inaccuracies in your statements for the benefit of others, as well as you.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:45 PM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
This is also wrong. The fuse is there to PROTECT the device AND the circuitry. You continue to make mistakes with your logic. This will lead to electrical failures and dangerous situations. I am not arguing, I am simply correcting the inaccuracies in your statements for the benefit of others, as well as you.
Oops. pm sent
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:46 AM   #28
Ronman
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
We use a waterproof battery tender to charge the 12v battery - they cost around $45.00.
Do you have to disconnect the accessories when you use these?

Also, I didnt see them on your website. What brand do you sell?
Ronman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:30 AM   #29
MotoRider420
Gone Wild

You shouldn't have too... its not like your jumpstarting a battery...

You can have it charging and running if you like, I do that to keep my car battery charged when I run my stereo at outdoor parties!!! (But, the stereo drains faster than the charger can keep up)

So, yes, you can charge the battery while leaving everything connected!!!
Old 04-12-2008, 06:47 PM   #30
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Moto,
I'm not running anything crazy but I have yet to drain my batt. from continuous stereo use. In fact, it's never dropped below 12 volts...the stereo/cd draws nearly nothing. When I have my 4amp trickle charger hooked up and playing music my 12v never drops at all, usually it stays at about 12.8-13.0 volts. You must have some serious "thump, thump". My two cents.
BRS
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO