lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #11
ROZ
Getting Wild

Default Re: 48v Club Car Sound System

Do you plan to use the radio or play cds? Reason I ask is because you could run an ipod or other mp3 player/phone directly into your amp. Provided the amp you choose has the ability to have 2 channel input, this could be a good solution. A pair of 6*9 would work.

Parts would be :
6*9 speakers
Amp
Sub
Wire kit

Simple solution
ROZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2012, 01:04 AM   #12
srqboy14
Not Yet Wild

Ok i could get a 12 inch kicker. Another thing is the box. I was thinking of putting the sub under the rear seat but there isnt alot of room. I was kind of wanting 2 subs for some more bass but i might have to only use 1 because of the space issue.
srqboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:06 AM   #13
srqboy14
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Do you plan to use the radio or play cds? Reason I ask is because you could run an ipod or other mp3 player/phone directly into your amp. Provided the amp you choose has the ability to have 2 channel input, this could be a good solution. A pair of 6*9 would work.
I would mostly use my iphone which i can listen to the radio on that if i really want to
Old 01-17-2012, 01:56 AM   #14
ROZ
Getting Wild

Cool Re: 48v Club Car Sound System

We use ipod and stream Pandora on our phones, so we'll likely use an rca out the headphone jack for the cart and call it a day. Boat set up the same way. Ipod rca to jl amp.

I helped set up a few low profile river boats this way yeaaaars ago . Works well. Plus no deck for peeps to steal.

Too many options. Makes my head spin

My ride will be simple. Personal source, pdx amp, polk seperates, and a pair of 8" Orion subs in a fiberglass enclosure in the bag well. I really don't need much, I use to do this Crap for a living. Only doing it because I have the gear in the attic from former projects.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:28 AM   #15
srqboy14
Not Yet Wild

Ok that sounds cool! Does the amp run off of 12v or is it more? And where should i intsall the sub/subs and speakers?
Old 01-18-2012, 02:10 AM   #16
ROZ
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by srqboy14 View Post
Ok that sounds cool! Does the amp run off of 12v or is it more? And where should i intsall the sub/subs and speakers?
I'd consider mounting highs in the dash pockets and install the sub in an enclosure in the bag well. Unless you build a center console, the bag well is the only place to install a large enclosure. The amp can go under the front cowel.

amp power is 12v, and you have to run a toggle switch to the amp's remote turn on in order to switch the amp on without a headunit. I'd use a lit switch so you don't forget to turn it off when you're done playing.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #17
rinman
Gone Wild

Club Car

srqboy,

I have a Kenwood head unit with Bazooka tubies on the roof supports. I also have a 10 inch amplifield Bazooka tube sub underneath and it really kicks!

All mine are marine grade and I would go with that as well.

Here's a link to it and some pics. I can tell you a 10 inch sub is PLENTY!

Good luck!
RI
rinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car