lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2012, 08:10 AM   #11
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need to muffle the back up alarm.

. . . limo versions have 2 back up alarms, one up front and one in rear area . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2012, 08:24 AM   #12
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

Does anyone know why they even have alarms?. It cannot be for safety because cars and very large pickups dont have them. Motorcycles dont have them, boats dont have them, jetskis dont have them, 4 wheelers dont have them, and they all backup. Must be more of a liabilty issue for the manufacturer? What a pain. I can hear my neighbors cart alarm a mile away.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #13
gumpbuck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks guys! I'll update when I find it.
gumpbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #14
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
Does anyone know why they even have alarms?. It cannot be for safety because cars and very large pickups dont have them. Motorcycles dont have them, boats dont have them, jetskis dont have them, 4 wheelers dont have them, and they all backup. Must be more of a liabilty issue for the manufacturer? What a pain. I can hear my neighbors cart alarm a mile away.
I think it is because the F/R switch is out of the line of sight and can be easily switch in forward or reverse accidentally, so I would say it's a safety measure. Imagine being out on the golf course and parked next to an obstacle, hill, water..etc and if the cart was in reverse and you didn't know it you would be in trouble.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #15
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post

Ok here's your answer,

lets start with a cart, a cart is silent when it takes off, you turn the key on, no noise, and step on the go pedal and off you go, and the person standing behind you gets run over because there was no warning, and a lot of people, dogs and children have been run over from people unhooking the reverse alarm,,

now a truck, you can hear when it cranks up before they put it in reverse and warn's you so you don't get run over, and just about every large truck has one,, Motorcycles DON'T have reverse, a couple do , but again they make noise before they back up, a boat is out in the water no one to back over, and again a boat makes noise before it can back up,, a jet ski well i'm not even going to answer that one,, and a four wheeler is out in the woods, and again it has to crank up and make noise like a alarm before it backs up,

Dammn, i knew i shouldn't have unhooked that back up alarm

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #16
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

Lets hope no one is behind me. I had not thought about it that way, but my guys are always careful because our carts have always had the buzzer disconnected. Its waht you get used to.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #17
gumpbuck
Gone Wild

Club Car

LOL! Love the pic....
gumpbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #18
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Mine are muffled but never disconnected. Few years ago I watched as my 10 year old daughter was standing behind my neighbor's cart as he stomped on the pedal in reverse with no alarm. She was lucky and was paying attention enough to see the cart move and jumped. It put her on the ground but was unhurt. Her father on the other hand had to figure out how to breathe again.... I will never disconnect one.. Duct tape or electrical tape work wonders.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #19
Gat0r
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

It's in the dash it's round put some tape over the hole on the right side.They serve a purpose. (Ooops sorry)
Gat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:52 AM   #20
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

Ok guys I give in. You are right about backing over someone. I asked my wife if she would like to know when its in reverse and she said absolutly, but quiet the alarm down somewhat. I used the scottyb method and put a piece of foam in the hole and it now you can hear it, but not real loud. My only concern is, does the buzzer generate some sort of heat while going off and now i've blocked the heats escape hole with foam?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car