lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2014, 09:13 AM   #21
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Default Re: Craigslist Battery Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
"Black box" trojans are Trojan batteries with black tops or maybe completely black cases---I can't remember. The Trojan batteries you want will have a brown case with white caps. Caps could be in a couple of configurations. Trojan is stamped into the case so label counter fitting not an issue. The date of manufacture is stamped into the top of the negative post. It is a two character alphanumeric code. The first is a letter indicating the month: January is A and so on. The second is a number for the year. EG: G9 is July of 2009. If I was shopping for Trojans right now I would accept A4, B4 or C4. Yes, C is March but Trojan dates the batteries a month or so in advance to allow for distribution to the retailers. High volume dealers will have "fresher" batteries. There is enough of those in the Ga/Al area that you shouldn't have a problem finding fresh batteries with matching date codes if you are willing to travel some. The pictures below show Trojan T-105 batteries with two different cap configurations.
The important thing when shopping for golf cart batteries is the Ah rating so you can compare "apples to apples". Trojan T105 is 225Ah at 20 amps. To shop price with other brands you have to compare models with the same Ah rating. Dealers often offer a premium model and a cheaper model. The cheaper model is often a lessor brand but almost always a battery with less Ah capacity. Generally not a good deal as they will give less range per charge and a shorter service life. The chart below (courtesy of johnnieB) compares various 6v batteries.

The "black box Trojans" are Powertron and I wouldn't recommend them.
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2014, 10:59 AM   #22
chipper
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm in Newnan several times a year so it won't be a special trip. Thanks for the good info. This site is a great resource and I'm finding this can be addictive.
chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:59 AM   #23
Great white north
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I guess Trojan prices are really low down in your area would never see that up here ( $93.00 per batt ) if there fresh and not black box , I would jump at it for that price , really cheap
Great white north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:46 AM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The prices quoted here are below what dealers pay in California. I suppose the distribution point is Atlanta? Shipping adds cost wherever they go.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:18 AM   #25
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

I do believe there is a Trojan place in Lithonia, GA. In Peachtree City, there are over 12,000 registered carts with the city and 90+ miles of golf cart paths all throughout the city. There are 7 golf cart places. It has gotten to the point where they sell batteries because they have to, with very little or no profit on the batteries themselves.
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:35 AM   #26
JK Fab
Getting Wild

Battery prices in CA suck !!!
JK Fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:15 PM   #27
eflyguy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

In ATL, call BP Rebuilders up in Marietta/Kennesaw - (770) 427-5872

He goes thru T105's quickly, and his price was as good as anything I could find on eBay/CL..

Plan to stay a while chatting.
..a
eflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:37 PM   #28
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

There is a guy in Hampton Ga who sells 8v and 6v Interstate batts new for $425 plus cores. I've got a set in my cart and they've been good. He has a connection from a friend, he's on CL. Steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:18 AM   #29
bxlt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK Fab View Post
Battery prices in CA suck !!!
And in Washington! A T-105 here is about $145 each if you buy 6 they will give you a discount to $138 or $828 plus 8-10% tax on top of that!

So if you can find them for less than $100 each consider yourself very lucky!
bxlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:29 PM   #30
JK Fab
Getting Wild

Just got a quote here in sonoma county ca for trojan t875's and they are $192 each..........

You guys are lucky !!!
JK Fab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, craigslist, dealer
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO