lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2014, 08:07 PM   #11
StoneMill
Not Yet Wild

Default 03 TXT rebuild - tuckahoe cart

Yeah, I think I started reading through the forums when my brother lifted his cart. Didn't even have mine at that point. I like to research as much as I can before doing a big project like this. It's not quite like I had in my head. Wish I could draw so I could put the finished idea on paper from the start.

Not so sure about the seat cover choice but I own them now so not changing until these are worn out.
Front shocks bottom out a bit but I can deal with it. Our campground is mostly paved or sand and small stones anyway.
Gonna attempt to paint the top gloss black. Read the horror stories and also heard of some success. We'll see.

Some more progress today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StoneMill is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2014, 10:32 AM   #12
TXST8tj
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 03 TXT rebuild - tuckahoe cart

Do you recall what model # those Napa shocks are?

I have been searching on here for a model#, but most results just come up with people saying not to use them....and not actually mentioning the model #.
TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:33 PM   #13
StoneMill
Not Yet Wild

I'll post numbers tomorrow. I found a replacement for the front now too. The first set was bottoming out. These are basically stock size shocks. Just cheaper than the ezgo replacement dampers. I use it on pavement or packed sand so not too worried about the stiff ride people complain about.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:29 AM   #14
TXST8tj
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I had the guys at O'Reily's look up something comparable in size.
We ended up with a Monroe part# 31069. It has a slightly shorter compressed length, and slightly longer extended length. They were $21/ea.
My cart is a 100% street queen, so as long as it fit in the space and was not fully compressed or extended, it will work perfectly fine.
TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:42 AM   #15
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

All your projects look great!
I was was at your "Steam & Tractor" show a few years back. It was totally awesome!!! I'd like to see someone build a "steam cart"! I'm getting to old to start on a project like that, but I may have just given someone an idea!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:32 PM   #16
StoneMill
Not Yet Wild

Added 1 1/2" wheel spacers, painted rear hubs, installed new napa shocks (left numbers in the garage), put rocker body rivets in with HF rivet gun.
Pics aren't so good and first pic is hanging from the jack. Need to get better ones in the daylight.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:34 AM   #17
dmi518
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Looks great.
dmi518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:21 PM   #18
StoneMill
Not Yet Wild

Windshield and frame installed. Used some black Doh Doh's skate truck bushings as spacers for the window frame. Had them left over from when we ran a skate shop.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:30 PM   #19
StoneMill
Not Yet Wild

Top needs a couple days for the last side to dry. Looks pretty good.

A few things left to do. Hopefully will cut seat panels tomorrow and get them installed. Still unsure on the rockers. Gonna stick the stock ones back on for now along with the stock steering wheel until I find a reasonably priced replacement. Maybe have rockers with nerfs made up in the future. Need to wire in the voltage reducer and wire up the 12v socket. Rear top supports and top will need attached. Hitch needs built and attached.

Then I can start ordering parts for a matching utility/beach trailer. 😉

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO