lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2014, 06:56 PM   #11
jbrzezinski14
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: RXV slow to engage parking brake

No it doesn't roll with the key off, or after the parking brake engages. The issue is that it takes a while, relatively speaking, for the parking brake to engage and bring the cart to a complete stop, even with the pedal depressed most of the way.

Also, something else I noticed yesterday when playing around with it: if you push the brake pedal down far enough, it'll click and engage the parking brake no matter what your speed is, then when you let off, it immediately disengages the parking brake with another click. Is that normal? It's like an "oh **** stop!" feature in the brake but I find it to be intrusive.

Can the brake be adjusted in any way on the motor? Could it still mostly function and be loose?
jbrzezinski14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2014, 08:13 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrzezinski14 View Post
No it doesn't roll with the key off, or after the parking brake engages. The issue is that it takes a while, relatively speaking, for the parking brake to engage and bring the cart to a complete stop, even with the pedal depressed most of the way.

Also, something else I noticed yesterday when playing around with it: if you push the brake pedal down far enough, it'll click and engage the parking brake no matter what your speed is, then when you let off, it immediately disengages the parking brake with another click. Is that normal? It's like an "oh **** stop!" feature in the brake but I find it to be intrusive.

Can the brake be adjusted in any way on the motor? Could it still mostly function and be loose?
Im confused, are you using the term "parking brake" to also describe the regen/service brake? Parking brake is not supposed to do any "slowing down" of the cart, only holding it still after cart stopped, with the exception of the "push the pedal all the way down emergency lockup" you discovered. Also please dont do that often/unnecessairly, it can shatter the brake disk. The strength of the regen/braking can be adjusted some if you have a curtis controller (black aluminum cover behind plastic cover).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:00 AM   #13
jbrzezinski14
Not Yet Wild

Here's an example, If I'm driving down a hill and want to come to a complete stop, I depress the brake pedal and the cart slows down, but not to a complete stop. It slows down to a crawl even as I'm pushing the pedal down more and more. I lift off the brake pedal, and after crawling for about 3 or 4 seconds, the parking brake automatically clicks and engages, and then the cart comes to a complete stop. It's like the brake pedal doesn't have complete control over the brake and I can never bring the cart to a complete stop until I let the parking brake automatically engage after a few moments.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:12 AM   #14
cgtech

Yamaha

Looks like you have a danaher controller, it could be as simple as a software update (there were several). V6.0 is the current version. Since there is no real adjustment settings that even a dealer can do to brake timing, i would suggest having the dealer update your software. I would also suggest having the park brake inspected. Without the programmer that you cant get, theres not much you can do. Did you read the thread "error codes - danaher carts" ?(its currently buried about 28 pages back on this forum).
Old 06-19-2014, 09:47 AM   #15
jbrzezinski14
Not Yet Wild

I just did a search and its not coming back with that thread?
Old 06-19-2014, 11:11 AM   #16
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrzezinski14 View Post
I just did a search and its not coming back with that thread?
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ntrollers.html
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:04 PM   #17
jbrzezinski14
Not Yet Wild

Here is the brake. Looks fine but smells a bit burnt (like brake pads tend to smell) and there is something loose inside of it. I don't know if that's normal or not.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0257.jpg (64.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-22-2014, 11:55 AM   #18
cgtech

Yamaha

That brake looks generally ok. They do smell some, even when still working. You can open the brake further for cleaning & inspection, but, i dont think it will be needed on this (pretty clean looking) example.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO