lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2022, 07:42 PM   #1
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default RXV Curtis Controller won't move

I need some help from some of you RXV guys! I don't work on many of these yet. I'm not sure if the year, but it is a Curtis controller. When I turn the key to reverse or forward, it will power up and jump, but that's it. I had to remove the motor brake to load it up. I was thinking a bad motor brake? Still will not move with the brake removed, but still connected. Where should I start?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2022, 07:51 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: RXV Curtis Controller won't move

It won't move with the brake disabled or removed. Safety feature. It does a test to make sure the brake works during startup.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 08:13 PM   #3
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
It won't move with the brake disabled or removed. Safety feature. It does a test to make sure the brake works during startup.
Ok, I had read on here to remove the brake and leave the wires connected to see if it would move. So you think it's a bad brake also?

Old 06-13-2022, 08:43 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I don't have any direct RXV experience but I have seen info here on how to diagnose brake problems.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 08:59 PM   #5
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If the cart jumps during the startup test, it has a bad brake. One of the startup tests is the controller will try to rotate the motor 1/4 turn in each direction. If the controller sees any movement during the brake test it will fail and not allow the cart to run. You can pull the brake and disassemble it. Clean the parts and see if that helps. Make sure not to over tighten the mounting bolts. Only tighten the three mounting bolts just enough to flatten the lock washers.
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 09:11 PM   #6
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The brake should ohm around 25-28.
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...ke+replacement
SBIRD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 05:09 AM   #7
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartdoc1969 View Post
If the cart jumps during the startup test, it has a bad brake. One of the startup tests is the controller will try to rotate the motor 1/4 turn in each direction. If the controller sees any movement during the brake test it will fail and not allow the cart to run. You can pull the brake and disassemble it. Clean the parts and see if that helps. Make sure not to over tighten the mounting bolts. Only tighten the three mounting bolts just enough to flatten the lock washers.
That's exactly what it's doing! Thanks!

Old 06-23-2022, 07:56 PM   #8
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok, I still need some help. Installed the new brake and still no go. The cart still does the brake check, however the cart doesn't jump like it did, so I'm think good, the brake is holding, but still no go. I've tried connecting my programmer, but the pins are corroded on the cart side and won't connect. These controllers don't have the direct molex connector. I've sprayed contact cleaner, but doesn't help.
What else will clean that corrosion safely? Is this the same connector as the txt48? The pins line up, but won't lock in.

Old 06-24-2022, 04:14 AM   #9
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Try this. Pull both pedals back towards the seat then turn the cart on, see it it will run then. Are you getting a quick chirp from the reverse beeper during the startup tests ?
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 05:33 PM   #10
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartdoc1969 View Post
Try this. Pull both pedals back towards the seat then turn the cart on, see it it will run then. Are you getting a quick chirp from the reverse beeper during the startup tests ?
I get the normal brake check and reverse buzzer if it's in reverse. No chirp. Cart is not moving like before, but still won't move afterwards. Still getting buzzer in reverse. Got my pins cleaner, but my programmer still won't connect to let me see what it's showing. I did notice some slight wear on the motor side of the shaft where the brake mounts onto. How much movement would cause it to fail? Couldn't be more than a 16th or less. Mostly on the edges. Any suggestions on connecting the programmer? Could it be the controller?

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO