lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2017, 09:15 AM   #1
quailwood_shop
Not Yet Wild

Default melex 252

Hello to all out there
I have a melex 252 .
the cart was brought to me because the batteries were dead even though they were just replaced , I was told they were installed by a local cart shop and had worked for a while until the lady started to smell burning and she parked it .
I have charged the batteries and I have tested them for surface charge and have tested each cell individually using hydrometer and they are all holding at 6.2 volts . I have checked all connections and all cable's are tight.
but when I hook the batteries up the negative throws a huge spark and the motor begins to run regardless if the key is on or off ? and regardless if the accelerator pedal is being pressed ?it shuts off in neutral. the burning smell is coming from the negative on the last battery in the series .
any help would be much appreciated
quailwood_shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2018, 03:03 PM   #2
49ford
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: melex 252

I noticed no one posted ideas on this. Did you ever figure this sparkin thing out?
49ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex