lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2022, 06:56 PM   #1
aroden15
Not Yet Wild

Default Finally Committed to Eco Battery Lithium!!

My original lead acids were finally at the end of life. I have been debating lithium for about the last year or two, but I finally made the decision to just do it! The shop that the previous owner bought it from had a mess of wiring everywhere which made it a pain. I got the battery tray shaved down and everything just set up for test. It works and the cart runs better than ever! I am currently trying to come up with an idea for a mounting plate across the back of the compartment to mount the bus bar, voltage reducer, 12v fuse box and clean up all the wiring. Here are a few pics of the progress.

I have a few questions for you experience folks. Do you turn the battery power off when not driving, or do you just leave it on powering the battery meter?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Old Battery Set up.jpg (166.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Dirty Battery Tray.jpg (147.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Tray Cleaned and Trimmed.jpg (122.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg New Temp Set up.jpg (136.3 KB, 0 views)
aroden15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2022, 07:51 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Finally Committed to Eco Battery Lithium!!

I leave my battery connected when not driving - UNLESS I won't be driving for weeks or months. I used to spend winters in Colorado and leave my cart in Arizona. I would leave it for 5 months. I would leave my lithium pack at about 50% charge and completely disconnected. It would be at the same voltage when I returned after 5 months.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 08:18 PM   #3
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That’s a lot of space saving and wight saving is faster?
Leon willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 06:17 AM   #4
aroden15
Not Yet Wild

Volt - That is awesome on keeping your charge. I know it is impressive with our small motorcycle lithium batteries when they sit all winter without a trickle charge on them. Thanks for the info!

Leon - Yes, a ton of space and weight savings. Now i have to figure out what to put on the other side. Maybe a small cooler? I bought the cart used in '20 with T-875's from 16. Don't think they were properly maintained either but they worked. I can't really compare new Trojan's vs the lithium, but the acceleration is night and day difference!
Old 06-28-2022, 08:47 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

My cart lost 300 pounds with the Eco 72AH battery installation. And it gained a couple of volts. The result is a significantly peppier cart with faster acceleration. The downside is there is some noticeable reduced traction from the weight loss. So far it hasn't been a problem.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 10:53 AM   #6
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
My cart lost 300 pounds with the Eco 72AH battery installation. And it gained a couple of volts. The result is a significantly peppier cart with faster acceleration. The downside is there is some noticeable reduced traction from the weight loss. So far it hasn't been a problem.
You just need to gain some weight to make up the difference! :)
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 04:33 PM   #7
aroden15
Not Yet Wild

Finally had a little time to make some progress. Pretty happy with how it is turning out. Everything is working except for the head/tail lights. Thinking it could actually be the lights because 1 tail light is lit up bright, 1 only a 1 or 2 of the small led's are lit up and nothing out of either headlight. Next I guess i will check the plug at the headlight to make sure I have good power to it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New Set 3.jpg (130.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg New Set 2.jpg (145.5 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha