lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2022, 05:34 PM   #1
Kazanski
Not Yet Wild

Default G22e Lithium Upgrade Help

I am helping a friend convert his Yamaha G22 to lithium, it has the stock controller and solenoid in it. We are utilizing BigBattery 48V HONEY BADGER - NMC - 56Ah - 2.4kWh kit, which (assuming my research is right) should be fine with stock motor, controller, etc....

We utilized a busbar to get everything hooked up (pictures included). I figured this should be a very straightforward install (I just competed a conversion one my Club Car DS), but when I plug the battery leads into the busbar leads the solenoid clicks on instantly, even when the key is shut-off. From there, the headlights are functional, but there is no power to the motor, no rear buzzer, no other functionality works.

Few things to note as we have been trying to isolate the issue:
  • I swiped out the solenoid with a 400amp solenoid to rule that out and it exhibited the same click on connection
  • We discharged the batteries to 48v to make sure we weren't over voltage with the controller (it shouldn't have been but figured it was worth a try)
  • I cleaned the main connections with contact spray (including the tow switch). after that we noticed that when switching from Tow to Run the solenoid clicks off and on
  • The cart had been sitting outside for the past year+ under a cover and was functional, but did not have a chance to test prior lithium install because old batteries were completely dead (or that was the assumption)
  • Looked like someone tried to steal the cart at some point over the past year as the ignition key was mangled by a screwdriver. We replaced with a direct G22 replacement, and even replaced that thinking that the new one was dead.
  • Last, there is a random connection that I have no idea what it does (I am a club car guy) that is pictured below. I am assuming that is for some factory accessory that wasn't installed, but I have no idea the history of the cart.

My last guess is that the controller is bad, but before we get into that level of expense I thought best to come here. Anyway, we stared at it for a few hours then I said there are people out there smarter than us that can help and decided to post. Thanks in advance for any support.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2446.jpg (303.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2445.jpg (137.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2444.jpg (211.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2438.jpg (184.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2437.jpg (102.8 KB, 0 views)
Kazanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha