lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2022, 10:14 AM   #1
rob_c28
Not Yet Wild

Default Loud Thump when pulling out of driveway

Working on refurbishing my first cart. Its a 2008 RXV. Its riding on 15" Wheels without a lift kit.

When pulling out of the drive way and off the slight curb I hear a loud thump in the rear. I am thinking maybe it needs Shocks or new Leaf Springs. It looks to be the original set.

Looking at the pictures I know it definitely needs new bushings as they look to be degraded.

Is there a way to narrow down if it's the springs or the shocks based off these pictures?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3335.jpg (179.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3334.jpg (173.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3333.jpg (178.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3332.jpg (144.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3331.jpg (153.9 KB, 0 views)
rob_c28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2022, 11:20 AM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Loud Thump when pulling out of driveway

Yes, you do need new bushings. It looks to me the rear springs are too long. If you look at the angle of the rear spring hangers that's too much. I've seen this happen when the springs are a little too long (aftermarket).
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 11:41 AM   #3
rob_c28
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Yes, you do need new bushings. It looks to me the rear springs are too long. If you look at the angle of the rear spring hangers that's too much. I've seen this happen when the springs are a little too long (aftermarket).
I see what you are saying. The springs do look little Flat (rather than bowed). A lot of the leaf spring kits I find do come with all new bushings so I may start with that.
Old 09-09-2022, 11:58 AM   #4
rob_c28
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
I see what you are saying. The springs do look little Flat (rather than bowed). A lot of the leaf spring kits I find do come with all new bushings so I may start with that.
Old 09-09-2022, 01:15 PM   #5
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

When the spring is just a little long, they push out those hangers. Some new aftermarket spring will do that right off the bat.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 04:06 PM   #6
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'd start with the bushings, as they're totaly gone... between the shakles you should see the spring and the bushings, not the bolts. I have a 2-seater and the new project shuttle 2+2. The springs of the 2-seater looks pretty flat, the 2+2 seems to be different ( more bowed ). Not sure, If yours probably aftermarket.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 12:32 AM   #7
HarryT
Gone Wild

Install new spring bushings and the shakles will come down to where they are supposed to be.
Harry
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 09:30 AM   #8
SOUTHVIEW
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There is nothing wrong with the springs. You need new bushings. Front and back. The front of the he leaf spring bushings are larger. Your thump will be gone after new bushings. Your whole rear is moving around. 👍
SOUTHVIEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO